1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32NX200

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by seveer, Jul 2, 2003.

1. seveer

seveer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I've just received a Sony KD32NX200 and I think it's blummin' marvelous ....... but then I'm new to all this digital tv malarky !

The set is damn sexy IMHO and the picture looks fantastic sometimes and ok the next, maybe I need time to get used to the differences between it and my old JVC ?

Anyway, does anyone else have one of these ? ........ offer any advice on setup etc ?? ........ Do's & don'ts ???

reeves

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reduce contrast from 100% to about 40-50%. Leaving at 100% will shorten the tubes life and increase possiblity of tube burn, and distort picture and generally look awful.

3. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Take it off the "LIVE" picture setting which it is set to when you turn it on for the first time.

4. seveer

seveer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have taken it off the *live* setting and put it on *personal* ......... I have also changed the contrast down to 40% ish as advised.

The geometry of the screen looks spot on straight out of the box, and the picture looks great on certain programs and a little grainy on others ........ is there anything else I should adjust ?

5. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sharpness setting are you using, this hsould be set quite low. I have mine about 10%.

Paul :smoke:

6. The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm on my 3rd KD32Nx200 due to a fault in the scart control (no signal throughput when in standby).

I find that setting the DNR to mid gets rid of any digital compression signal effects and is also very effective for cleaning up VCR tape image.

The only thing I'm not too keen on is that dark images are almost black and bright images are overbright. I have looked through the service mode setting but can't find a gamma adjustment mode.

7. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Do you mean grainy in which case is your aerial or pixelly in which case is the low bandwidth of digital programmes?

8. seveer

seveer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the sharpness set at about 20% at the mo' ....... I'll try it at 10% and see how I get on.

As far as 'grainy' is concerned ....... the picture is excellent 80% of the time on various channels ........... but then sometimes, it doesn't look as it should. It may be me ........ I'll keep monitoring it !!

Overall though I'm very impressed with it's performance .......... 1 week in and no real problems to report.

Except, the GUIDE button doen't appear to do anything ........ ???