Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony kd32dx51 IDTV owners

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Vizille, May 21, 2005.

1. Vizille

Vizille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having a problem with picture break up on MUX 2 on my Sony KD32dx51. Even with a good signal occasionally the strength would drop away considerably for no reason.

After pursuing it with Sony they have finally recognized a problem.

" Sony United Kingdom Limited has now recognized a potential issue with
    regards to channels on Multiplex 2 and a software update is being developed
    to address this. I do not have details of when this will be broadcast and
    would ask that you please bear with us on this matter."

Hope this may help any other owners

Phil

2. mistrh01

mistrh01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been having the same MUX2 picture breakup problem with my Sony KD32DX-51. After 15-20 mins on MUX2 channels (e.g. E4, ITV1 and ITV2) the picture begins to deteriorate and the signal strength has gone from "excellent" to "poor" (on the signal strength monitor in the detail setup menu). To get full power signal again, all I need to do is switch to any other channel and then immediately switch back to the original channel. This sounds like a software problem to me.

I also contacted Sony about this problem and was told that they were unaware of any such problem and that it was not a known fault. They told me that NO software updates were being developed and that it might be a fault with my TV.

Do any other sony IDTV owners have this problem or is it limited to a select few? I'd be happy to go back to Sony about this but need some support from fellow IDTV owners.

Cheers