1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32DX51 - 50htz question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by EyesWideShut, Aug 15, 2005.

1. EyesWideShut

EyesWideShut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Newbie and novice here...

I'm in the market for a new TV. I watch mainly region 1 DVDs. I'm interested in these two TVs... Sony KD32DX51 or Panasonic TX32DTX11 ...I must admit that looks are probably more important to me than features :p and I feel the Sony just edges it for looks. However with it being 50htz and the Panasonic 100htz I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Is the 100htz (Panasonic) better for viewing region 1 DVDs? - or is there hardly a difference between them? Like I said I mainly watch DVDs so I'm not too fussed about general TV viewing.

All help would be appreciated. Nice forum by the way :)

Colin

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    100Hz is a just a feature for reducing noticalbe flicker. Only go for this if you find flicker on 'normal' 50Hz TVs a problem because there are side-effects. European TV (and DVD) pictures are only actually 50Hz interlaced pictures and the conversion to 100Hz is rather crude in most cases. Fast moving pictures appearing jerky and unnatrual is the most common problem.

3. EyesWideShut

EyesWideShut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info TV Headache - appreciated :smashin: