1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kd32dx40 or Panasonic tx-32dt30

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by trotter, Jul 8, 2003.

1. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okee,

i have been meaning to buy a tv now for about 6 months but have changed my mind countless times on reading reviews and sizing up id-tv / 100mhz / 32 vs 28 options etc. etc.

i was all set for the sony kd32dx40 (via the fx66, fx68 etc) and had john lewis pricematch in hand and everything but then...

but then I saw the panasonic tx-32dt30 for more or less the same price.

arrghhhh! indicision!

the main attractions of the panny is that it will let you record digital whilst watching analogue etc.

has anybody else considered these 2 tvs and if so what was their conclusion. i'll probally go to jl / totenham ct rd tomorrow to try to do a head-to-head but this must be the 10th tv i've thought about and my old one doesn't even work!

2. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony kd32dx40 wins again!

However, I have recently read a review that says the analogue picture with these sets is very average.

can anybody comment on this?

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does it matter?

I never use analogue!

I think it is the digital tuner putting the analogue one to shame

4. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's what i thought it might be.

i'm not technically supposed to be able to get digital (by postcode) you see, as I live in the sticks, but another tv we have that has a freeview box seems to be ok, but is linked to a massive arial on the roof.

the thing is sometimes, usually depending on weather, we can't get itv / itv2, but more importantly channel 4 via digital but via analogue we can.

thats why i ask!