1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KD32DX200 or KV32FQ86

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Goggleyes, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Goggleyes

Goggleyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just read the thread on KV32FQ86, but wondered if KD32DX200 was any better or worse.

Picture quality via RGB scart is of most interest to me as I already have a Pace Twins for Digital terrestrial reception.

Just for background purposes
    - KD32DX200 has built in Freeview and DRC-MF processing.
    - KV32FQ86 is analogue only but has Power Picture processing (rather than DRC).

Thanks.

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture enhancement system on the FQ86 is pretty different to DRC and from what I have read on this forum it seems to be a matter of personal taste as to which one is best. My favourite is DX200, having seen them side-by-side in John Lewis on the same feed but I would strongly recommend you have a good look for yourself.

3. Goggleyes

Goggleyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi TV H,

I'm thinking of a substitute for my 9509 which is probably more akin to the KV32FQ86, although I've seen many more DX200's in the shops.

Pity they both seem such hulking brutes, SWMBO is not too keen, but I'm working on it.

PP2 is a nice feature to have. It's certainly true you get accustomed to these processing modes. First impressions with the Philips was of the exaggerated depth (3D effect) and difficulty focusing after about 30mins of viewing - less than ideal.

However, I can now watch PP2 without any problem, though it's still defeated by some rapid motion and of all things, waving arms!

I'm surprised some find PP2 a let-down with football, from what I've seen it does a stirling job, though this is with Freeview.

Cheers

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can sympathise. I've been trying to get The Purchasing Committee's (as I like to call her) approval for DX200 for a few months now, but without success!