1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32DX200 crt tube problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Max TvFactor, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Max TvFactor

Max TvFactor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My KD32DX200 was delivered yesterday. The installer from the Sony shop ran through the set up and made for the front door real quick. I said "are'nt you going to show me how to get rid of this nasty distortion?"

He looked :blush: Then he put the box in standby, selected a channel and sure enough the distortion cleared. It was a set of horizontal lines at the top of the picture, a bright section along the bottom and a shrunken vertical height.

Anyway its doing it all the time now. They say they are coming back next weekend with a new replacement. So no big deal. But I'm curious as to the cause. Any ideas?

PS. I have a feeling this set came 'round the houses' before it got to me.

Cheers.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Unless you are 110% satisfied with the replacement, I would strongly suggest you demand a refund and go to a "proper" supplier! :devil:

3. Brainboy

Brainboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    TG,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but what do you mean proper supplier? Is there something not right about Sony centres? I was thinking of going with them for a KD32DX200 because the Edinburgh one (my local one) offered me a 7 day, have a look at it trial and a full refund if not satisfied, no quibles deal when I spoke with them about my concerns re digital artifacting which drives me mental! I thought they seemed quite sound.

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Brainboy,

Your original post said "Sony shop", so I assumed it was just a local shop selling Sony's.

Presumably Sony Centres are ok, although the Croydon one did try to get me to throw my £125 Sony Headphones in the bin, when all they needed was new earpads.

They didn't realise they were dealing with TG ! (But that's :offtopic: )

You also said the installation was rushed and you weren't convinced that the set was brand new.

Not exactly a confidence builder!

So, by "proper dealer", I simply meant anywhere with a good track record in Customer Service and one that you feel you can trust.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

5. Max TvFactor

Max TvFactor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The original post was from [me] Max.

It was from a Sony Center staffed by Tottenham Court Road chavs. However, I'm surprised at their honesty. They dont dispute they sent second hand gear!! and are offering a full refund.

6. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Sorry for the confusion, Max. :)

As they say, when you've got them by the gonads, their hearts and minds are yours! :laugh:

Good luck. :thumbsup: