Sony KD32DX200 crt tube problem

M

Max TvFactor

My KD32DX200 was delivered yesterday. The installer from the Sony shop ran through the set up and made for the front door real quick. I said "are'nt you going to show me how to get rid of this nasty distortion?"

He looked :blush: Then he put the box in standby, selected a channel and sure enough the distortion cleared. It was a set of horizontal lines at the top of the picture, a bright section along the bottom and a shrunken vertical height.

Anyway its doing it all the time now. They say they are coming back next weekend with a new replacement. So no big deal. But I'm curious as to the cause. Any ideas?

PS. I have a feeling this set came 'round the houses' before it got to me.

Cheers.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Max TvFactor said:
My KD32DX200 was delivered yesterday. The installer from the Sony shop ran through the set up and made for the front door real quick...

PS. I have a feeling this set came 'round the houses' before it got to me.

Unless you are 110% satisfied with the replacement, I would strongly suggest you demand a refund and go to a "proper" supplier! :devil:

Brainboy

Standard Member
TG,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but what do you mean proper supplier? Is there something not right about Sony centres? I was thinking of going with them for a KD32DX200 because the Edinburgh one (my local one) offered me a 7 day, have a look at it trial and a full refund if not satisfied, no quibles deal when I spoke with them about my concerns re digital artifacting which drives me mental! I thought they seemed quite sound.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Brainboy said:
What do you mean proper supplier? Is there something not right about Sony centres?

Brainboy,

Your original post said "Sony shop", so I assumed it was just a local shop selling Sony's.

Presumably Sony Centres are ok, although the Croydon one did try to get me to throw my £125 Sony Headphones in the bin, when all they needed was new earpads.

They didn't realise they were dealing with TG ! (But that's :offtopic: )

You also said the installation was rushed and you weren't convinced that the set was brand new.

Not exactly a confidence builder!

So, by "proper dealer", I simply meant anywhere with a good track record in Customer Service and one that you feel you can trust.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

M

Max TvFactor

The original post was from [me] Max.

It was from a Sony Center staffed by Tottenham Court Road chavs. However, I'm surprised at their honesty. They dont dispute they sent second hand gear!! and are offering a full refund.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Max TvFactor said:
The original post was from [me] Max.

It was from a Sony Center staffed by Tottenham Court Road chavs. However, I'm surprised at their honesty. They dont dispute they sent second hand gear!! and are offering a full refund.

Sorry for the confusion, Max. :)

As they say, when you've got them by the gonads, their hearts and minds are yours! :laugh:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom