1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32DX200 alignment

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sonysideup, Feb 17, 2005.

1. sonysideup

Standard Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I bought a sony kd32dx200 a few weeks back and have been very impressed with the picture, sound etc. however, I have noticed one flaw which is beginning to bug me. When I watched donnie brasco on dvd the other night, it came up in a letterbox format and I realised from the bars at the top and bottom of the screen that the picture was sloping. I called up the sky programme planner and that too appeared to be sloping. I also noticed a kink in the lines. I spoke to the shop where I got the set and was told I could rectify the problem through the picture rotation feature. I did this but it did not solve the kink.
    The shop agreed to do an exchange and I got a new set on Monday. However, this suffered from the same problem. The picture rotation has cured the sloping but it hasn't stopped the wavy lines - there are now two kinks although it appears straighter as it starts and ends at the same point.
    Having had two of these tvs, I went back to the shop and checked out their model which suffers exactly the same fault. My wife also tells me our friends who have a similar set have the same trouble.
    It's not major and it doesn't affect my viewing but it bugs the life out of me when I have to go to the programme planner or when sky sports flash up a football table and the lines all wobble. It also affects the blue box which shows the sky channel whenever I switch over.
    The tv is under warranty and I have the option of calling out an engineer. What I want to know is can it be solved or is it something I will have to live me. I don't particularly want to go for another exchange as I fear I will be lumbered with exactly the same thing.
    any advice is appreciated.