1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32DX150 & Digital Recording

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RooneysBoots, Feb 23, 2004.

1. RooneysBoots

RooneysBoots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have a problem with my new TV, a Sony KD32DX150. This may be a stupid question, but here goes............ Is it possible to record digital channels with the TV turned off. I am struggling with this, I have the set connected as per the instruction manual but no luck!! Any ideas
    Many thanks

2. Phil_S

Phil_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not possible with the set turned off completely, but it is possible with the set in stand-by. You need to have your VCR connected to the AV3 scart from the TV, and set the output from AV3 to "Digital TV" in the TV's menu. You can either select the program you wish to record from the EPG, or by using the manual timer function. With the timer set, and the TV in stand-by, the red light on the front of the set will blink green periodically.

If you have a Smartlink compatible VCR, that's all you need to do - the TV will wake the VCR and start recording. If your VCR isn't Smartlink compatible, you'll also need to set the VCR timer to record from the TV's AV3 at compatible times.

3. RooneysBoots

RooneysBoots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that I will give it a try!:)