Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony KD32DX100 U green screen and resetting

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Pommie, May 8, 2005.

1. Pommie

Pommie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have 3 year old Sony KD32DX100 U digital TV.

It has recently taken to misbehaving.

Without warning the screen will go green (very like this) and a noise similar to what you hear when you turn the TV is heard. When the picture returns it is normally (but not I think always) reset to BBC1 (the first channel listed).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

John

2. Pommie

Pommie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    It could be a dry joint or duff crt.

4. Pommie

Pommie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JayCee

The men from the local Sony shop have hazarded various guesses ranging from problems with Freeview software to a faulty tube, or a bad digital tuner.

I can imagine that this is going to be horribly expensive ti diagnose and fix as it is so intermittent ;-(

Regards

John

5. mcgetta

mcgetta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a Sony 29inch (~ 8 years old) which would elicit green scan-like lines and then turn itself off, sometimes the tv could be switched on quickly - other times it would take up to 20 mins to finally power back on. A TV engineer initially could not replicate my fault or find evidence of it but went over all the dry joints which alleviated the problem for a couple of weeks.

After the green lines came back and the TV refused to turn on at all the TV guy took it back into his shop. A part was ordered which he thought maybe the fault, fitted the part then the tube itself blew, tv guy stated this was a sign the TV was irreparable. It is now taking pride and place on some landfill site.