1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD28L10(U)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by didgit, Nov 9, 2003.

1. didgit

didgit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can someone tell me where I can find a list of codes to understand difference between sony models...some got an S at the end which I believe means stand included (thanks to simon1) now I've come accross the Sony KD28L10 and KD28L10U what on earth does the U stand for ?
    please let me know if there is a site which explains it all, I've had a look at the Sony web site but can't find any info there.

Thanks in advance

2. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I though the (S) at the end of the model stood for silver in coulour. Maybe i am wrong. Either way it's all very confusing!

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The 'U' is simply the country code - ie for televisions destined for the UK.

Most retailers wouldn't necessarily quote the 'U' in their adverts, but would be selling a 'U' version.

A small number of retailers may sell 'grey imports' - eg they would buy their stock from Sony in another country, rather than from Sony UK. This may work out cheaper for them and they could pass on a saving to the customer. The tv may then have a different letter after the model no.

4. didgit

didgit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks again simon1 for the advice, hopefully that's the last Sony code I get stuck with.

cheers