1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD28DX200

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DrSchlong, Jan 19, 2005.

1. DrSchlong

DrSchlong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anybody has the above set. What are your opinions of it and does it have an optical out like its 32" big brother.

I've seen it advertised on the net for about £709 delivered and was wondering if anybody could recommend any good on line retailers.

Also, when I bought my current LG set about 3 yrs ago I took out an extended warranty with Currys, only to find that when the set was delivered there was information included allowing me to take out a warranty direct with LG which would have saved me alot of money, do you know if Sony do the same kind of thing.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steven.

2. DrSchlong

DrSchlong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got the 32" version which I'm very pleased with. The 28" does have optical out. I bought from John Lewis with a price match so can't help you with your other questions.

4. DrSchlong

DrSchlong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grif, who will they they price match against. Is it only against shops or are there certain online retailers as well. Thanks for letting me know about the optical out, I have a sony surround system so that means I can connect to it via the television as well.

5. Pieman1972

Pieman1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DrSchlong - best thing to do is do a search in this forum for "Price Match" - I did and found a lot of info and retailers that forum members have had sucessful price matches against.

Right - now to phone JL to see it they will price match a 32DX200

6. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    BE aware the optical out is only for the freeview tuner. You need to do a search on the JL pricematch issue.....a much discussed topic. They only match shops not online retailers.

Pieman just snuk in there as I was typing!

7. mark66

mark66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI DrSchlong,

Did you get this TV? I am thinking of ordering one tomorrow and would like to know your opinions if you wouldn't mind taking a moment,

Many thanks :thumbsup:

8. DrSchlong

DrSchlong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark66, Sorry mate haven't got it yet, still trying to sell my 32" LG. Until then I won't have the money or the space for this set. Let me know what your views of the set are if you do take the plunge before me.

9. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Just to answer your warranty question, there was an application for an extended warranty included with my Sony TV (KD28DX50U) and I assume this would be the case with all Sony TVs. I seem to remember that it was only for the tube though - I threw the application away soon after getting the TV, so can't remember for sure.

10. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    There are 2 guarantees that sony offer. An extended tube guarantee (covers the tube only, underwritten by Sony itself), or Sony Extend (full extended guarantee, underwritten by D&G).