Sony KD28DX200 or 32 spose Opinons Please

Jez

Standard Member
Reaction score
Am most likey going to get teh 28dx for my new set but would try and get some opinons first.

Cheers guys :)

Specs are the same of course but I reckon you'll get more benefit from the DRC resolution enhancement on the 32". Plus that cosmetic design seems to work better (for me) in the larger size.

I cannot afford the 32 and it wont fit ;)

What about the set anygood? :)

Get the size you want and you will be happy.

That is of course unless the 28 has some major malfunction. :)

Just abit worrid cause i read another post on here forgot the guys name who got the 32 and was really disapointed with it some cross bluring or something.

:(

I was only talking about the size.

I don't know anything about this model, but if the 32 got a good review then the 28 is probably ok too.

hi m8

i bought the 32dx200.
its a lovely looking set imo ,quite big :D
i have had time to play with it a bit more and it seems to be slowly winning me over after a few teething troubles.
i have everything turned off, that is AI, DRC and Noise Reduction most of the time, to me it looks more natural.
my only major problem is with side moving objects/credits or when the camera pans sideways, things seem to flicker a lot and blur/out of focus.this is a problem cos i watch a lot of sport.
having said that i watched platoon on tv the other night via blueyonder cable and the picture was amazing and pulp fiction last night :D .
i only have an acoustic solutions dvd player so performance isnt the best but the few dvd's ive tried so far have been excellent.
one thing i have noticed is that television production quality has a major part to play. some channels have much better picture quality than others.
i am new to the world of av equipment, and this is my first widescreen tv so u may want to get opinions from more experienced people.

hth

Originally posted by m00dy
one thing i have noticed is that television production quality has a major part to play. some channels have much better picture quality than others.

Check out ITV News. :D

Best try BBC1 or C5

C5 on DTTV can be good DVD quality

I haven't watched ITV News in ages - prefer the original news channel. BBC News24!:thumbsup: :clap:

m00dy
hope you dont mind asking a few questions?

When playing a dvd does it auto select the widescreen mode? I have that on my widescreen now and although simple makes things easier.

Also whats the picture quality like during dvd playback cause thats what i will use it most for. Oh and anyone know if i will have any problems playing multiregion dvd's throught it?

Cheers:)

hello m8

dvd is fantastic the only prob i had was some noise while watching hidden dragon crouching tiger, so it may well have been the disc.
im using an acoustic solutions budget dvd so if you have a better quality player youll be laughing.
im not sure if it auto selects dvd screen size but im pretty sure it does as it does for normal telly.you can switch this function off also.
i returned mine this mornig as it had a fault so i cant confirm the auto select widescreen thing.
there are a couple of things with this telly tho.
1.it shows up bad quality productions in a big way, which if you have cable there are many bad quality programs.having said that ,when you find a good quality program the pq is excellent.i watched platoon the other night and was amazed at the detail and sharpness in the picture
2.i found a lack of detail in dark and light scenes.my set seemed to be too bright .for instance you have a perfect picture and then a window comes into the scene and the light from the window overpowers everything.this may well have been something else wrong with my set but im unsure.
after a few teething troubles i really like this tv and was gutted to have to hand it back, but ill probably be getting the same model when i find a cheaper retailer with good customer support.
if i was you id go into a store with ur favourite dvd and get them to give u a demo

let us know how u get on

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom