1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD28DL11u

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by steve k, Jan 17, 2005.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Has anyone tinkered with the geomatry settings on this set if so what settings did you alter :thumbsup:

And did it correct the geomatry :smashin:

Can you post a list of the setting u changed so i can see if there is much of difference to mine
    My pic drops on the top left hand side when it is on the freeview channel and u pull up the listting pages its noticeable when the banner is along the top :mad:
    Has anyone had the same problems :eek:

2. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again Steve,

I know its probably not the right way to fix the issue (but it is safer than messing with the geometry) but I found to reduce the amount of curve and make it much less obvious was to go into the standard menu, into the detail setup and put the picture rotation at +5

I know its not going to fix the problem but it certainly does a good job of hiding it and there is no risk in messing the thing up tinkering with the service menu! I've noticed no side effects in doing this either! - The picture isn't off in any way when watching movies, or regular TV etc.

3. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks ESO for your reply :hiya: i have, as you have already set the rotation to +5

I was just woundering if anyone else had tried any ajustments, it seems strange that no body else has had any problems with this set :eek:

4. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think some people have Steve, just I suspect there aren't too many of us here that have the set.

Also I think some people just don't want to mess with the service menu! (Me included!)

There was a post around here somewhere (do I search for it and you will probably find it) where someone posted what values they changed and how they managed to correct the geometry. Nice little bit of info about how to change things there - perhaps do a search and take a look!

Cheers!

5. keithyorks

keithyorks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Sony KD28DL11U as an ex display model. Unfortunately it only came with a remote control.

:lease:

Where can I get a user/instruction manual?

6. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you still looking? See here:

7. Mofoman

Mofoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have this model in my bedroom and I have the exact same geo problem, the picture droops about an inch in the top left hand corner, putting the pic rotation to plus 5 cauuses uneven picture, so I am also looking at how to get into the service menu.

I just got myself a Samsung slimfit 419d hd tv for the room, but i;'d like to get this fixed before i punt it on.

Cheers guys

Ric