1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD28DL11 - How many coax inputs?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Will_58, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Will_58

Will_58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can someone who's got a Sony KD28DL11 tell me how many coax inputs it has? Reading the Sony tech spec on it, it says there is one RF-IN and one RF-OUT. However, on their support pages it talks about 3 coax sockets on their digital TVs. I've tried calling their support lines, but have been on hold for ages now.

The reason I'm asking is that I want to be able to plug the coax cable from my cable box in to the TV, along with the standard aerial cable for my freeview reception. If the 28DL11 has two RF-Inputs then this won't be a problem, but if it only has one I'll have to route my cable through my video scart socket, which I don't really want to end up doing.

So, in short, how many coax inputs does the DL11 have?

Thanks,

Will

2. Will_58

Will_58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit strange answering my own question, but just in case anyone else was wondering I've now found out from Sony that it has 3 RF connectors. One for RF-OUT, and two inputs, one for digital and one for analogue...

3. Will_58

Will_58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In a bid to populate a thread entirely by postings from myself, I now have a follow-up question.

On the Sony site's FAQ, it says that all three of the RF sockets must be used. I think this is because the freeview signal is passed through to the RF-Out and then must be looped through to the second RF-In socket. I guess this is so you can hook up a VCR to record Freeview broadcasts. If you don't have a VCR, you have to use a coax cable to link the RF-Out and second RF-In.

So, by this reasoning, it wouldn't be possible to hook up a cable box to the second RF-In since it's needed to loop the Freeview signal...

Any thoughts?

4. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    The manual for the TV has the following diagram and notes.

Attached Files:

5. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Notes

Attached Files:

6. Will_58

Will_58

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - did you find the manual on the net?

I think this confirms my fears that I won't be able to hook up my analogue cable box at the same time as getting freeview. Looks like the RF-Out is purely there to allow you to hook up a VCR in to the loop.