Sony KD XF9005 LED LCD TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I have read there are problems with jerky playback on other Sony TV's with some motion settings. Is this the case with the XF?

Thank you.
Ive never had any stutter in standard picture mode with film mode high, smoothness 2, clearness 1. Playback is superb, its just timer recording thats a bit hit and miss, especially series link. Im still using android 7, so not sure if android 8 would sort this issue or not.

Ive never had any stutter in standard picture mode with film mode high, smoothness 2, clearness 1. Playback is superb, its just timer recording thats a bit hit and miss, especially series link. Im still using android 7, so not sure if android 8 would sort this issue or not.

I noticed some issues whilst watching Fast and Furious 6 UHD via Sky Q using the True Cinema mode but once I altered it to Custom it was perfect.

I noticed some issues whilst watching Fast and Furious 6 UHD via Sky Q using the True Cinema mode but once I altered it to Custom it was perfect.
As I understand it True Cinema motion setting is for 24 fps only.

As I understand it True Cinema motion setting is for 24 fps only.

You don't need any Motionflow or Film mode settings for this TV to properly display native 24fps content if delivered at 24fps.

Also True Cinema in the same as Custom Smoothness 0 Clearness 0.

You don't need any Motionflow or Film mode settings for this TV to properly display native 24fps content if delivered at 24fps.

Also True Cinema in the same as Custom Smoothness 0 Clearness 0.

Mallet you clearly know your stuff when it comes to motion. What makes custom better than true cinema?

The main thing I remember was the picture had more depth and detail when plugged into the dedicated radial. I was quite surprised by the result as the radial was meant for hifi use, but ive now installed them for tv use too.

The main thing I remember was the picture had more depth and detail when plugged into the dedicated radial. I was quite surprised by the result as the radial was meant for hifi use, but ive now installed them for tv use too.

Could you explain in more detail how this works please? I have mine plugged into a surge protected extension lead. What is a dedicated radial?

Could you explain in more detail how this works please? I have mine plugged into a surge protected extension lead. What is a dedicated radial?
A dedicated radial circuit is wired direct from a consumer unit to a dedicated socket, using oversized cable. In my case I use 10mm twin and earth cable from a separate consumer unit into a double unswitched mk socket. This feeds my 65” xf tv and my humax pvr.

The idea was originally used for my hifi system where it gave a dramatic improvement in sound quality. It wasn’t until some time later that it occurred to me to try the tv. Im really glad I did as it had a similar effect on improving the tv performance.

Its an idea that is argued about long and hard on hifi forums, with some insisting it can’t possibly make any difference, and those like myself that have tried it and found it does make a difference.

A dedicated radial circuit is wired direct from a consumer unit to a dedicated socket, using oversized cable. In my case I use 10mm twin and earth cable from a separate consumer unit into a double unswitched mk socket. This feeds my 65” xf tv and my humax pvr.

The idea was originally used for my hifi system where it gave a dramatic improvement in sound quality. It wasn’t until some time later that it occurred to me to try the tv. Im really glad I did as it had a similar effect on improving the tv performance.

Its an idea that is argued about long and hard on hifi forums, with some insisting it can’t possibly make any difference, and those like myself that have tried it and found it does make a difference.

That's very interesting. Sadly can't afford to get that done for mine, but might try in my next house.

Hi Guys, I've looked through the thread and there is some useful info, which I think helps me, looking to perhaps take advantage of the Costco cheap deal, but concerned about a couple of things, reviews don't rate the speakers, I'm upgrading from a sony 50W829b which is known to have reviewed very very well back in the day and the speakers are fine, think the XF9005 sound would be much worse ? and the other thing has been much talked about, but I'm still not 100% sure what it means, full HDMI Ports only 2 and 3, I understand the bandwidth 60hz thing only on these 2 ports, but are we saying that SKY Q and a Fire-stick 4K, there is no advantage in putting these in Ports 2 and 3 because they wont be reaching these frame rates anyway ? 2 or 3 should be for my my PS4 Pro or PC ? But ports 1 and 4 I don't lose out on HDR or Dolby Vision or anything else? Am I upstanding this correctly ? Thanks in advance, any quick advice would be great, deal time running out I would imagine, :)
I find the sound adequate. It's perfectly legible. I have heard far worse. Some folk moan about the feet on this TV and some don't like the appearance of the back of the set. If they're staring at that, they're missing the picture!

I have a Sony XF and have just got a Sony KDL-32WD751 to use as a computer monitor.
The remote control signals interfere with each other.
I have tried to find a solution but, as yet, have been unsuccessful.
Anyone got the answer please?

I have a Sony XF and have just got a Sony KDL-32WD751 to use as a computer monitor.
The remote control signals interfere with each other.
I have tried to find a solution but, as yet, have been unsuccessful.
Anyone got the answer please?
If you have a smartphone you could use the Sony remote app. It’s not as good as a real remote, but does the job.

If you have a smartphone you could use the Sony remote app. It’s not as good as a real remote, but does the job.
Thanks but my partner wouldn't have a clue!
I have two Humax recorders and was able to change the transmitting 'code' so they didn't interfere with each other.
I change input on the XF and the same happens on the WD.

Hi LCDseeker

The pulse motion is slow like every two or three seconds. I spoke to Sony and they gave me instructions to reset my TV to default which I did. When I went to watch the Netflix program the pulse was not there. Last night it appeared again watching the same program (Iron Fist in Dolby Vision). Also, it said Dolby Atmos but my Pioneer 303 receiver only showed 5.1??? Any ideas. My receiver and TV are connected via HDMI with SYNC off on TV(HDMI 3, settings set to HDMI enhanced) and ARC enabled on receiver.

That's very interesting. Sadly can't afford to get that done for mine, but might try in my next house.
To add to this as some of you may know I have a electronic engineering background and I started as manly an electrician and I have the same as mrhappy37, 10mm wire to separate customer unit, the idea behind this is to stop interference from other sources and to lower resistance as I fitted mine some 20 years ago with 6 earth spikes to the back garden, this is for my home cinema system where most of my time I spend is tweaking etc…

Sadly, and not to disagree with mrhappy where there was a massive upgrade to audio I can’t say I noticed much on my Sony XF on picture, but I do have a custom built balanced transformer feeding my system and that did bring a slight improvement to the Sony, not night and day like for audio, but a nice little upgrade in less noise on the picture manly from the balanced mains rejecting RF incoming on the mains signals.

But after all that said, if you have 20/20 vision it may be different like most things in life, its best to try everything yourself:smashin:.

Hi LCDseeker

The pulse motion is slow like every two or three seconds. I spoke to Sony and they gave me instructions to reset my TV to default which I did. When I went to watch the Netflix program the pulse was not there. Last night it appeared again watching the same program (Iron Fist in Dolby Vision). Also, it said Dolby Atmos but my Pioneer 303 receiver only showed 5.1??? Any ideas. My receiver and TV are connected via HDMI with SYNC off on TV(HDMI 3, settings set to HDMI enhanced) and ARC enabled on receiver.

No idea sorry. I'll try and find time to watch some of it tomorrow and see if I can see it.

No problem.

If you want to improve the picture even more, try setting motionflow to custom, smoothness to 2 or 3, clearness 1 and film mode high.

Also are you connected to hdmi 2 or 3 with enhanced hdmi enabled? And also do you have 2160p output enabled on the Virgin V6 box?

Cheers.

I think i already have all that set. Cant be certain on the film mode, never really played with that setting much. I generally have this motion setting at 2 for everything except UHD Blu Ray playback which i have True Cinema. Never tried 3, does this not turn off the processing that i cant recall its name if not at 2 & 1?

All my V6 setting were right, enhanced on the TV, and even checked in the AV receiver thats why i was stumped and finally asked for help, in my head i had everything right.

I think i already have all that set. Cant be certain on the film mode, never really played with that setting much. I generally have this motion setting at 2 for everything except UHD Blu Ray playback which i have True Cinema. Never tried 3, does this not turn off the processing that i cant recall its name if not at 2 & 1?

All my V6 setting were right, enhanced on the TV, and even checked in the AV receiver thats why i was stumped and finally asked for help, in my head i had everything right.

It's clearness on 1 which is the setting which activates X-motion Clarity.

I would leave Film mode on high at all times.

How do you find the BT Sport Ultimate channel vs the same match when on a regular BT Sport Hd channel? I've yet to actually see the BT Sport 4K channel on a 4K tv with my own eyes yet :(

Hi been offered the Sony 49xg9005 for my faulty replacement TV. Is this worse than the xf9005? Looks like the 9505 has the better specs this year. The xg seems to only be 8.2bit but compared to the 10bit on xf also the contrast t isn't as good. Don't what know to do now.

Hi been offered the Sony 49xg9005 for my faulty replacement TV. Is this worse than the xf9005? Looks like the 9505 has the better specs this year. The xg seems to only be 8.2bit but compared to the 10bit on xf also the contrast t isn't as good. Don't what know to do now.

I'm not 100% on the differences. I thought they were very similar sets. If you're not happy with the exchange then I would politely push them for a full store credit and you can then go back and put it towards a new set.

I'm not 100% on the differences. I thought they were very similar sets. If you're not happy with the exchange then I would politely push them for a full store credit and you can then go back and put it towards a new set.
Hi lcdseeker. Yeah I'm just worried I will notice the step backs from the xf9005 the xg has been reviewed in hardly any places. Even the engineer came to do the swap said he wasn't keen on it saying the colour is not as good and overall its a bit of step back. I guess store credit would be where I originally got it from? Also do they take into account I got an offer at the time? I'm also limited to options with a 49inch set.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom