Sony KD XF9005 LED LCD TV Owners and Discussion Thread

While I do agree somewhat, I noticed a massive increase in detail on the XF9005 vs the XE9005, on the XF due to having even lower motion blur just pops and on games via a PS4 PRO the detail is huge and my eyes are not perfect by any means.
With the more powerful backlight you will have better HDR and see more detail and for games especially as some of them are mastered up to 10,000 nits.

What I have personally noticed is that there seems to be 3 classes of HDR films for the XE90
1. Films that look spectacular on the XE90 like Wonder Woman and especially Pacific Rim 2.
2. Film that look great on the XE90 like Pacfic Rim 1 but look spectacular with brighter HDR,
3. The Last Jedi lol. Zero HDR on the XE90 but has this kind of beautiful natural effect with brighter HDR.

My advice with the XE90 is to buy a Sony X700 player and play high nit discs with Dolby Vision set to on. even though it isn't a Dolby Vision screen. As I said above Wonder Woman and Pacific Rim 2 look spectacular when viewed that way. I almost didn't buy my new TV because of this.

Has anyone got the 65" and inverted the feet? is this stable, and more importantly what is the depth of the legs and the distance between the widest parts? My table is 48cm deep and 107cm wide, I would like to know if it will sit comfortably on it before I place my order.

Has anyone got the 65" and inverted the feet? is this stable, and more importantly what is the depth of the legs and the distance between the widest parts? My table is 48cm deep and 107cm wide, I would like to know if it will sit comfortably on it before I place my order.
My TV cabinet was also not wide enough so I replaced the Sony feet with a swivel pedestal, height- adjustable stand which I purchase before receiving my 49" TV and fitted it to the TV straight out of the box. If you have not had time to read all posts of this thread go to:

Pg 12 #358, Pg 13 #389 and Pg 14 #392 for more information. A number of other posters have done the same thing. Hope you enjoy the TV, the PQ is awesome :thumbsup:

With the more powerful backlight you will have better HDR and see more detail and for games especially as some of them are mastered up to 10,000 nits.
I agree with what you wrote in your post, but I would like to make clear that my previous post was referring to detail in the picture and not HDR as I do not have HDR enabled on my PRO as I just find games to be way too bright and just don’t look right IMPO.

What I will say as I did comment on this in December in the XE thread when I first brought my XE9005 was that it seemed a little softer picture when compared to my broken set it replaced a Samsung KS7000, but the XF9005 is WAY more detailed than the KS7000.

I know this is down to the panel itself and the extreme chipset, as I know the panel as a higher response time than the XE9005 which was great. So, all in all I am happy with the TV and that’s what matters:smashin:.

Hello ,
Just bought this tv last week and haven't had the chance to use it all that much.
Is it normal for for the top part of the tv on the back to be very hot to the touch almost if you hold it for too long you can get burned from the heat ?
Thank you.

Was in PC World Stockport this morning and they had 49XFs on offer at £895! (although their website still says £1,049.00

Was in PC World this morning and they had 49XFs on offer at £895!
That's even cheaper than I got my 49XE lol. Shouldn't be surprised I suppose with the 55" B7 available for around 1200. They are going to have to bring the price of the 55 down too I suppose. At least until the B7s run out.

Easiest was ringing RS on their 0333 900 0093 number option 1, I think it was. Just told them the company name and price of the match I wanted and he said no problem

I unfotunately missed out on the offer :( By the time I got round to it yesterday, RS telesales had shut at 4, and when I phoned again today, the price I wanted matching had gone back up to £1299. When I told them about the £100 code valid til 12pm tonight, they said the model I wanted had no buy button as it was out of stock therefore they couldn't pricematch (despite me being on the powerdirect site at the time and succesfully adding it to my cart). He did say he was willing to do it for £1199 anyway, but it was still £150 more than the offer I missed so I just took it as a sign I should wait a bit longer.

There are still a few things about this model I am unsure about (on paper, at least), but I will still keep an eye on the 55" if there are any BH sales at the end of the month. Until then, the search for a new TV continues!

Setting mine up now, and about to redeem my two free 4K films. Does anyone know of the list ever changes? I can’t see there’s really anything I fancy

I unfotunately missed out on the offer :( By the time I got round to it yesterday, RS telesales had shut at 4, and when I phoned again today, the price I wanted matching had gone back up to £1299. When I told them about the £100 code valid til 12pm tonight, they said the model I wanted had no buy button as it was out of stock therefore they couldn't pricematch (despite me being on the powerdirect site at the time and succesfully adding it to my cart). He did say he was willing to do it for £1199 anyway, but it was still £150 more than the offer I missed so I just took it as a sign I should wait a bit longer.

There are still a few things about this model I am unsure about (on paper, at least), but I will still keep an eye on the 55" if there are any BH sales at the end of the month. Until then, the search for a new TV continues!
I've just this minute added it to my basket on PD site got £1179 less the £100 code is £1079.
I've also got an email confirmation from JL for same price, but I went with RS as they just took the £1079, JL takes the full £1299 then refund after you get delivery.
Try JL email price match.

I really need to unwatch this thread lol. It's been interesting watching the deals come and go though.

That's even cheaper than I got my 49XE lol. Shouldn't be surprised I suppose with the 55" B7 available for around 1200. They are going to have to bring the price of the 55 down too I suppose. At least until the B7s run out.
But at the TV choosing thread ,most experts recommend lg b7 over xf9005 , as better choice, if the price is the same !?

But at the TV choosing thread ,most experts recommend lg b7 over xf9005 , as better choice, if the price is the same !?
That's kind of my point;)
However saying that the Sony does have superior upscaling and HDR brightness. So for me it's the preferred TV unless a demo could convince me otherwise. Thats why I went for my Sony, that and the price.

Totally agree:smashin:, shame to see you selling yours in the classifieds, but good luck with your sale.

Yeah the Sony XF9005 was a good tv mate no doubt. To be honest although I was not going to go for another tv at all.... I am VERY tempted to get a Samsung 55NU8000 it gets a great review on rtings.

Reason for this is the gaming side of it. The tv supports everything to do with a Xbox One X, low latency mode, freesync, 1440p res. 120HZ. 4k HDR it supports it all. incredible support.

Really loving the TV, visually, but my god do I hate Android TV and YouView. I'd read a lot of reviews mentioning it but I didn't think it would be this bad in reality. Such a shame Sony have chosen such a sluggish, unreliable OS (or perhaps its just their implementation of it with the hardware).

Sorry for the rant, I'm sure it's been discussed before

Really loving the TV, visually, but my god do I hate Android TV and YouView. I'd read a lot of reviews mentioning it but I didn't think it would be this bad in reality. Such a shame Sony have chosen such a sluggish, unreliable OS (or perhaps its just their implementation of it with the hardware).

I disabled YouView, disabled Samba and uninstalled the latest Google App.
Android is now fine. :)

I never wanted Android TV because of security concerns. Even now I always disable my network connection when I am not in front of the TV. However I have found it runs a little smoother with the x1 Extreme chipset than with the x1. But in general it is pretty awful, but..... the ability to side load is worth it for me. Also limiting the number of cached background processes also seems to help as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly use the “smart” functions but having enabled developer mode and turned the number of process running to just one it seems to run almost as smooth as my nvidia shield tv. I don’t use youview so no idea about that.

By all accounts some say that adding a usb as storeage also speeds things up

Hope someone can help with this.why do i have to turn off the tv speakers in the menu to get 5.1 from the optical output on this tv.the xe was the same too.i dont remmber having to do this on any other tv that i have had.
If i dont change the setting the tv only outputs 2.0 from the optical
Thanks

Hope someone can help with this.why do i have to turn off the tv speakers in the menu to get 5.1 from the optical output on this tv.the xe was the same too.i dont remmber having to do this on any other tv that i have had.
If i dont change the setting the tv only outputs 2.0 from the optical
Thanks
I have only just got mine, so still finding things out, but if I turn on HMDI control on the amp, then the TV recognised the unit and disables the speakers automatically. If I turn off the HDMI control I get sound from the TV and also via the optical out.
Maybe your issue is also related to the HMDI communication??

Activation code error

When I try to activate the enhanced features on SEN using the code from the screen, I just get an error saying the code is wrong.
Any suggestions please?

Thanks
Julian

I've got my 55xf9005 being delivered tomorrow, I've only got skyQ sports and movies at moment, no Blu-ray player, would more than likely do a Netflix trial.
What's the first thing I should watch to show off it's capabilities.
If the wife's impressed I'm safe.....

Hi Folks,

Im trying to calibrate my TV with an Xrite i1 Display Pro & Calman Home software but I have to choose the Target display type in Calman meter option window.
- LCD LED
- LCD LED Blue Green
- LCD Led RGB
Im not sure which one pick up. Does TRILUMINOS tech have an impact on the choice ?
Thanks for help
smile.gif

Which Google App do you mean, there's dozens!
It's called 'Google App for Android TV.'
Just uninstall any updates. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom