Reaction score
Some orders now placed.
Looking forward to feedback on this one
So owners post away please
4783FE22-F4FB-45DB-AC07-CAFC211239D1.jpeg
5AA11513-99E1-428D-8364-5EDB338DB26A.jpeg
65B0ACE6-2B97-48FD-88EF-BE54105571CD.jpeg
33758D5B-2063-4575-BE99-AFFFBE4A5C98.jpeg

Sony have got the pricing absolutely right this year, lovely looking set.

Looking forwards to people’s thoughts on this, I have preordered, my first OLED and first 65”. In Ireland, not getting until first week of May, so will torture myself watching this thread until then!!

Reads well enough to me, I’m waiting to place my order with RS as and when they get stock.

Have they gave you a date of when there expecting stock ?

What are you asking for?

I’m after the AF8 65” + Sony 1080 AVR + Sony X700 UHD player.

They reckon they will be able to offer me a good deal (probably because the 1080 AVR is going to be superseded soon).

As there is a deal being offered in Scotland to buy the KD65AF8BU plus the X700 for £3328 (saving £200) I’m hoping they will be able to do something worthwhile for me at RS.

65”. I have a 55” LED atm, remember thinking it was huge when we put it up on the wall...but I don’t even notice the size any more and have decided we could go bigger, so I really want the 65”...can’t believe the wife has agreed with me on it!!

65”. I have a 55” LED atm, remember thinking it was huge when we put it up on the wall...but I don’t even notice the size any more and have decided we could go bigger, so I really want the 65”...can’t believe the wife has agreed with me on it!!

That gets small fast too lol

Hi all. Quick question. If I want to get Dolby Atmos from the Netflix app within the AF8, would it be possible? Hoping to connect it up to the new Sony Soundbar!

Hi all. Quick question. If I want to get Dolby Atmos from the Netflix app within the AF8, would it be possible? Hoping to connect it up to the new Sony Soundbar!

No as they dont support eArc. They may do later on but if its anything like the DV update you might be waiting awhile.

If I bought an Apple TV would that bypass all the OS woes?

If I bought an Apple TV would that bypass all the OS woes?

Android aint the best but Once your settings are dailed in you will probably only be using it for amazon and netflix yea ? Im sure it will be fine but yea a apple tv will obviously take over the duties of netflix and amazon if it has it.

Android aint the best but Once your settings are dailed in you will probably only be using it for amazon and netflix yea ? Im sure it will be fine but yea a apple tv will obviously take over the duties of netflix and amazon if it has it.
Yeah mate just Netflix and amazon

Yeah mate just Netflix and amazon

You will be fine mate its not the best and can be sluggish jumping through the TV menus but after your settings are doing thats the only time you will be in there. Its defo not as slick and responsive as webos which is the best os put there

You will be fine mate its not the best and can be sluggish jumping through the TV menus but after your settings are doing thats the only time you will be in there. Its defo not as slick and responsive as webos which is the best os put there

Was it ever sluggish when playing about with the volume or channel/input switching?

Can anyone confirm that this sits at a slight backward tilt? Any review or previews are saying it's "upright" but all press shots look to me like it' sitting back at maybe 1 or 2 degrees...?

Watching the Abt overview, at 0:40 it does indeed look like it leans back very slightly. Presumably a few business cards strategically placed under the back edge of the stand would bring it back up to the vertical? Really can't understand why they couldn't design it to be properly upright in the first place, though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom