Sony KD-65XF9005 and Sonos Arc compatibility

Duff3103

Novice Member
Good evening,

I have recently sent my Sony HT-ZF9 back fro repair for the second time (this time to currys) and my dream of being basically reimbursed for the last year and a half of hell with it losing only £100 on the bar has come true, so im looking to buy a new sound bar that will hopefully get me a better experience as this one had me lose a lot of faith in Sony's products

Iv been looking at a Sonos Arc, i havent heard the bar as of yet but i plan to visit a store and give it a bash first as im aware you need to buy speakers and sub woofer separately at a hefty price tag but im under the impression the Sonos is the bar to go for in terms of quality and Dolby atmos output.

I have been doing some research as the TV does not support eARC but merely ARC only and after coming across a thread on the Sonos help page someone has the same TV and has stated they cannot get the atmos to work or they are having issues with the compatibility between the bar and the TV. Sonos replied with the TV due to not having eARC would either have to be replaced for an eARC Tv or fit a HD Fury 4k Arcana in line to the HDMI input so it can output the atmos signal.

Does this sound right or can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative as the Fury for a start is another £200 on top of the bar which seems to have jumped up £100 in price from £799 to £899, so a grand basically for a soundbar with no subwoofer or rear speakers. The last time i spent this much on a sound bar the bar was nothing but bother and im reluctant to go back down the same road only spending even more on the Sonos

Any input appreciated, i suppose its a great opportunity to upgrade the TV to an OLED or a higher quality LED but i doubt the Mrs would buy this as iv only had this TV since Dec 2019

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom