Sony KD-65XE9305 - OWNERS & GENERAL INTEREST THREAD

Got a strange situation with my tv but could be the soundbar. Hdmi ports 2 and 4 aren’t outputting any sound via earc (hdmi 3). I have pa5 and Nintendo switch plugged into those ports. Can’t see I’ve missed any settings on tv or soundbar. Any advice gratefully received!

If anyone could share their earc settings that’d be fab.

Last edited:
I have recently had a repeat of a ARC issue of no audio in conjunction with a Yamaha 2080 av rx . Upon turning on the xe9305 and the 2080 powering up (HDMI ctl on) no tv audio was heard (also indicated by 'TV' not being displayed on the av rx) . In the past I have had to unplug the HDMI lead soft boot the TV (the android splash screen) power up the rx and plug in the HDMI lead to get audio back . This would then be ok for a period of time . This week the above procedure would not work if the tv / av rx was turned off & then on - again no sound .Decided to do a factory reset of tv . no change . Deciding this was terminal reverted back to optical audio and turned ARC off on av rx . Later decided to enable ARC audio in the av rx and audio was coming through ok , this has been the case now for a number of powering up / downs . Had previously decided this was a TV issue but now wondering if it is a TV AV rx handshaking bug (i think the yamaha hs recently had a earc update).

Got a strange situation with my tv but could be the soundbar. Hdmi ports 2 and 4 aren’t outputting any sound via earc (hdmi 3). I have pa5 and Nintendo switch plugged into those ports. Can’t see I’ve missed any settings on tv or soundbar. Any advice gratefully received!

If anyone could share their earc settings that’d be fab.

This TV doesn’t have EARC, only ARC.

It’s also a PITA - I also have PS5 plugged into the TV rather than my soundbar, because of lack of a free HDMI on the soundbar. It often results in no audio, and I have to power everything down and back up to get it to work. It’s just a faff.

I don't have this television anymore but do have the XH9505 and for the last few months have had similar issues with my sound connecting, dropping out etc etc. I had blamed it on a wire but both optical and hdmi have the same issues, so thought maybe it was the soundbar but now I'm wondering if it's a Sony software issue.

I'm having pretty persistent issues with ARC @Rick01

So much so that in the summer John Lewis arranged for a repair shop to replace the main board on the TV and I also had the same done for my sony soundbar. Whenever I have a powercut this seems to throw out the ARC setting. I've now got the issue that if I plug in directly to the tv my ps5 and nintendo switch the ARC won't output sound from them and borks the TV app sound out too.

So I'm seriously considering getting a hdmi switch as a work around to plug the nintendo and ps5 into the soundbar. Unfortunately the soundbar only has 2 hdmi 'ins'.

Is it possible to reset the hdmi ports on the tv through the menu? Or does it have to be a hard reset?

Not aware of any menu option to reset HDMI and like a lot of software / hardware issues a complete power removal is the best way to ensure the software starts with a cleanish slate (not withstanding any stored non volatile variables etc) . As an aside I had a power cut recently which ties in with your ARC issue.

It’s infuriating the amount of times I’ve had to switch off, unplug - it works sometimes others not.

I've got similar arc issues on mine. Usually disconnecting everything works but not this time. Tried numerous times and nothingfor a while now. Just using optical now.

I've got similar arc issues on mine. Usually disconnecting everything works but not this time. Tried numerous times and nothingfor a while now. Just using optical now.
Yeah I think that’s what I’ll do. I’ll probably be selling the tv on here next year so I’ll be completely honest in the advert and say that arc works intermittently.

I saw this thread and had to resurrect my account. My 9305 has been doing the ‘switch on and no sound then turns itself off’ issue for over a year now.
It was definitely after a firmware update, I thought I was the only one but obviously I’m not. It doesn’t affect the TV too much but occasionally I’ve been unable to adjust the volume and weird issues like that.

Anyone else experiencing more Reboots of the tv after startup? It goes into the whole Android rebootsequence with that strange errorlike screen that popups like a faulty videocard.

Before I had it maybe once in 2 months but now I have had it 3 times in a week. Has there been an update lately?

After that the tv works just fine.

Ah, I read on the previous page people with the same experience. Hopefully it gets fixed in a next update.

Tv has been on a fair bit over Christmas and no reboots I’ve noticed. Mind you, I did have a new main board fitted earlier in the year. Not sure if that has any bearing on it.

I still have not got the new Google TV-like interface on my device. Any way I could force it?

I’ll throw my hat into the ring as a sufferer if the random reboots! Glad it’s not just me.

How on earth do you try and get this fixed, it seems to happen to me when turning the TV on in the morning or changing inputs but it’s very random. A couple of times this week (since I got Apple TV) I have had to reboot it manually as it won’t find any signal on HDMI3 no matter what I connect. Very odd.

Fortunately when it works I’m still very happy with it. I mean the local dimming could be better but apart from that it’s held up well.

If only my wife could be trusted to not leave sky news on all day I could get an OLED 😭

The strange thing is that I was complaining about it on December 30th and I haven't got one reboot in January...

I have not changed a thing so I am pretty happy at this moment.

I have watched a lot of movies/series this month and I am still surprised by the Image quality this set produces.

I have watched a lot of movies/series this month and I am still surprised by the Image quality this set produces.

I feel the exact same with my own. :smashin:

Actually - I have been on the fence about wanting another TV. a Bigger one. I just can't seem to let this one go though.

I’ve decided I want to wall mount my 65XE93 after 4 years, looking at the correct Sony bracket it would be the SU-WL845 but I can’t see for sale anywhere new. I do see the SU-WL850 which looks the same but maybe newer? Would this fit the XE93?

I managed to find an SU-WL845 wall mount bracket online for £23.99, grade A stock. Arrived yesterday and as far as I can see apart from the box being opened it’s brand new! Well pleased.
Next question is what do I use to fix the mount to my wall? I think I have a dot and dab wall? This TV is heavy!

Anyone else cant access the terrestial players from their home screen? I couldn't access any of them there only through the TV guide, thought it was because it was'nt updated so downloaded latest update today and still cant access any apps like All 4, ITV and BBCi through the Sony select section. All the other are fine, NOW TV, Netlfix, Amazon etc etc

Anyone else watching SKY F1 on this Tv and not getting HDR automatically. I have to go into options and turn on HLG manually. Must be the broadcast only as it’s fine with downloaded movies?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom