Sony KD-55A20S11XTNS v SONY KDL-40W2000U

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by thehughes69, Apr 17, 2007.

1. thehughes69

thehughes69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sorry if this is in the wrong section wasnt sure whether to post her on in the lcd section

had a phillips 36"pixelplus II for about2 years and have been very happy with the set, no ones crt ive seen comes anywhere near it, but like everyone else i need to move to hd

due to my friend working in sony i can get discount on the w series at the mo but not the kd-55 so they about £1100 each. had my heart set on the lcd but on reading about the kd-55 im not so sure now. are the picture the same quality side by side etc, with hd or sd

if u had the cash tommorow wat would most people buy,

lcd's look nice great performance long lifespan etc

kd-55, giant screen, good reviews on site, only worry is all this talk of green blobs and replacement lamps (ive looked on the net and one is £400:thumbsdow ) i also read somewher i wont be able to hook this up to my 5.1 set up is this correct

cheers for any views, as u all know ur next tv set is a big deal:thumbsup:

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,066
    55" is too small to get the best out of HD, but obviously that means 40" is just ridiculous. :)

If you get a set that has a green blob problem you can get it replaced. Green blob = defective TV.

If you shop around you can get one for about £200. But in any case the lamp lifetime is 8000 hours: if you watch TV for 4 hours a day then one lamp will last you five and a half years.

I suppose that depends on how you're proposing to connect it, but there is no way in which it is less easy to connect that TV to a 5.1 system than it would be with any other TV that I know of.

3. thehughes69

thehughes69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    cheers nicholas thats helped a lot

u say 55 inch is too small :rotfl: any bigger and the missus will flip;) reckon ill take the plunge then on the 55

cheers