Sony KD-55A20S11XTNS full 1080p or not

thehughes69

ello chaps new to the forum

lookin to get this but im looking at various sites and some say it is full 1080p like digital direct but others dont mention it which i find a bit unusual as its a big selling point

cheers

thehughes69

What about 24hz (maybe 48hz) using powerstrip?

way over my head lol:rotfl:

just when i thought i had it sussed in the big move from crt to next gen u start mentioning hz's and powerstrips, ive never heard of it:rotfl: will have to scour the forum:thumbsup:

cheers for the help

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
What about 24hz (maybe 48hz) using powerstrip?
That's a slightly controversial question. 24Hz definitely not. A couple of knowledgeable people say they've managed to get it to accept a 48Hz signal from a PC using Powerstrip (over HDMI, that is, not VGA). At least one knowledgeable person was not able to get it to accept a 48Hz signal from a Lumagen scaler. So, if this matters to you, it would probably be a good idea to test it out (using the actual hardware you're proposing to use) before you buy.

The picture has full 1080p resolution with 1:1 pixel mapping, but with some optical overscan, so the edges of the picture are beyond the edges of the screen. In addition, it will only accept 1080p usefully over HDMI. Component is limited to 1080i, and 1080p via VGA is displayed incorrectly (downscaled).

Xerotrace

I will use dvi to hdmi. I'm gonna use my pc for HD movies (.mkv .avi) and hd dvd and games with this tele. On the fly hz (48 to 60) switching would be great. I think i can only get 1080i out of that £10 philips dvi to hdmi cable i have. I'm still waiting to buy this tele.

thehughes69

cheers fellas not lookin to get too invloved but i am gonna be using a ps3 for games and blue ray playback so will be usng hdmi so i should be ok

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom