• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KD-43XE8005 Inputs Switching Problem

Geoff_W

Established Member
My Sony KD-43XE8005 is connected via HDMI3 (ARC) to my Marantz NR-1506 AV Receiver. A Sony UBP-X800 and a Humax HDR are connected to the Marantz. Control for HDMI is switched on for all devices except the Humax which does not support it. In normal operation, I switch on the Humax and when that is booted up I switch on the TV which brings on the Marantz. The Marantz selects the Humax as its input. With my previous Sony TV (KDL-40HX853) this all worked fine.

My problem is that with the new TV, when it switches on I get an error message saying "No signal found - switch to another input" and within a couple of seconds it switches itself to Digital TV. The Marantz detects this change and switches its input to "TV", hence no Humax picture. I can put the TV input back to HDMI3, but the Marantz is now stuck on "TV" and I need its remote (or the front panel control) to reselect the Humax. When I switch on the UBP-X800 I initially get the same error message but the TV seems to wait long enough for the player to start up and the input is not lost.

Is there any way I can stop the TV switching away from HDMI3 so quickly, or is there another workaround which doesn't involve using three remotes.

Geoff_W

Established Member
This issue appears to have resolved itself with time. It seems the TV 'remembers' previous inputs used and if it decides the current input has no signal, it will quickly switch to a previous one, such as 'Digital' (TV). After I had used the Humax for several viewing sessions, the TV no longer attempted to switch away, but waited long enough for the signal to be acquired.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom