Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony KD-36NX200 Dimensions???

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by SpiderManPants, Apr 21, 2003.

1. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I wonder if anyone who owns or knows this particular TV could let me know the exact dimensions of the set in mm?

I like the look of it but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the depth is something rediculous like 750mm. Is this correct or have I dreamt it? I can't seam to find the dimensions listed anywhere.

By the way the best price I've seen this at is £1674.99 delivered from RGB Direct.
    Is this a good price?
    Are these people reputable?
    Do John Lewis stock this set and if so, who can I get them to price match with?

If the answers to the above questions are favourable then I'm going to order one, if however they aren't, I'm getting myself a Loewe Articos.

God it's been a right nightmare since my old 4:3 Pana went and died... :(

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks in advance

SMP

2. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am looking at getting this WS also.... there is quite a bit of info on them at www.sony.co.uk . The price from RGB ... does that include the stand ? The best deal I have found is at Discount Audio Vision. I have also been trying to get a look at a rewiew . No joy so far.

Cheers

Nessy

3. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume so yes, I think most run-of-the-mill tellys come with stands as standard.

What's the best price you've seen it listed at then?

SMP

4. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen it at www.qed-uk.com for £1631 but that is without the stand. PRC Direct do it for £1774 with the stand as does Discount Audio Vision.

Nessy

5. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen that model but I think you'll find that is the current 36" offering, the new model that will be available in May is the TX36PD30.

Thanks anyway

SMP

7. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    36nx200 from sony specs. -(WxHxD) 1010x645x607. Weight 87kg.

8. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Stranger, where did you obtain this info from, 'cus I've just found my Sony Style catalogue and it states 1148Wx 835Hx 748D :eek: That depth is unbelievable and unacceptable!!!

I think I'm gonna go up to the Sony Centre in the Trafford Centre and measure it for myself, damn Sony are always contradicting themselves :mad:

Thanks for your input

SMP

9. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from the spec booklet in the latest sony style catalogue spring summer 2003 (from trafford centre)

10. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been up to Comet to have another look at the Sony 36 , which was stood next to a Tosh 36. Must admit the Tosh seemed to have the edge on picture quality, also the screensize looked bigger. Although the design of the Sony set is very nice , or maybe I have been staring at too many TV's and now I am even more confused.

SMP.... let me know what you decide to go for.

Nessy

11. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been to the Trafford Centre today, went into Selfridges and not much on offer unless you're in the market for a plasma, although they did have a rather nice Loewe Aconda in basalt finish for £1900 (Too much in my opinion for that particular model).

Then went into the Sony Centre and saw all 3 of thier 36" offerings - KV-36FS76, KD-36NX200 and the new KV-36FQ80 which is basically the NX200 without iDTV and with an extra scart.
    They wanted £1700 for the FS76, £2200 for the NX200 and £2000 for the FQ80, but they were throwing in a DAV-S400 with the NX200 - not sure about the other two as this was the one I was interested in.

Then went onto Dixons who had the Toshiba PF2 on display. I had a mess with that, it was running Spiderman but only via S-Video through a scart connection.

To conclude, I still don't know what the hell to do! The styling of the NX200 and FQ80 looks a bit OTT for my tastes, I prefer things a little more under-stated and to be honest they look better in photographs than in the flesh (So to speak).

I think if I were to go for a 36" Sony it would have to be the FS76 because of the looks, and if I were to go for a Toshiba it would be the 39ZT29 Strata. But I think I'm prolly gonna go for a Loewe Articos in Platinum finish - But still not 100%!!! :confused: as there is the new Panasonic range just around the corner...

Good luck with what you choose Nessy, and keep me posted.

SMP

12. Nessy

Nessy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I must have spent 12 hours today reading reviews and using the search function on this board, and I am still non the wiser. Who would of thought choosing a new TV would be this hard ? even harder for me as I don't really know what is a good TV and what is a bad TV. So many reviews, so many opinions, so many TV's. I have even been looking at rear projection as a possibility.
    Maybe I will keep the set I have and go on holiday with the extra cash :laugh:
    SMP..... I am convinced you will make the correct choice, maybe I will be I will be a lazy ass and wait for that :D

Nessy