1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kd-32nx100 opions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gmslondon, May 21, 2002.

1. gmslondon

gmslondon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What Video/TV rate this set 9/10 BEST BUY - but the 2 examples I've seen (Harrods + John Lewis Oxford St) both have awful geometry. Colour registration is also noticably bad in the corners. How did this set get such a good review?? Does Sony supply
    specially tweaked gear for review?
    With this set you'll always want it in zoomed
    mode so you don't see the sloping "wobbly" edges.
    Try looking at News 24 and see the on screen logos and text
    "shrivel" (I can't think of a better word) when the digital processing kicks in. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if all manufacturers actually do this...?? Let's face it - you wouldn't want to take your dog to a dog show covered in $hit would you? :D

Those magazine reviews always say things like "Excellent geometry. No significant curvature.", but I haven't seen a set yet that didn't have some curves somewhere!!

I wonder if stores sometimes put out slightly dodgy models onto display (e.g. rejects/returns) - would save them a few bob wouldn't it? I also think that, if I can go into a store, ask for the remote and get into the service menu and start tweaking :devil:, then so can someone else and fudge up the original settings ;)

I've learnt to ignore things like this until I've played with the settings myself in the user menu (not service menu :p). As we all know, display sets are usually always set up incorrectly :(

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Geometry on the DX100 was far worse than on the the FX65. Is nobody checking the sets before they leave the factory?