1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD-32DX40 flashing light/diagnostic?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cosaw, Sep 24, 2003.

1. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Turned my Sony KD-32DX40 on this morning as usual from the switch on the front (not from standby). Anyway the power light started flashing, there was no picture but sound.

On older sony tellys the flashing powerlight revealed the source of the problem through diagnostic/fault finding type manuals. 3 flashes meant this, 6 flashes meant that etc. Presume it is the same with modern Sony's?

Anyway the power light flashes from green to red 5 times in succesion then pause then 5 flashes etc. Any ideas what 5 flashes means given the model no. of the telly?

Turned the telly off and then back on again and no probs. Perhaps something to do with week signal strength from freeview!?

cosaw

2. HowieC

HowieC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Most recent Sonys have the same error menu with minor variations. My 32FX66 manual gives the 5 flash error as...
    IKR error at switch on. Unfortunately I don't know what IKR is, but an adjustment for it appears in the Geometry section of the service menu. Hope thats of some help.

3. mandmac

mandmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange this happend to me today on my week old KD-32DX40, I havent tuned into freeview yet as I'm running a tv link from my skybox downstairs to it, so dont think weak digital signal is the cause.

I'd be interested to what the flashes mean also.

4. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks HowieC, when you say "my manual" do you mean the one that came with the set (operators maual), or a diagnotstic manual. If it's the later can you tell me where or how you got it?

Mandac, had the telly over a year and my brother says its happened before (no pic but sound) but I think he missed the flashing lights. Therfore I don't think its too much to worry about hopefully.

If you've got good signal strength get tuned into freeview, read good reports recently as opposed to sky, there are some other threads kicking about but check this recent one:
    http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94852

Remember thats why you bought an integraded digital television as opposed to an analogue plus digibox!

cosaw

5. mandmac

mandmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know I should sort it out for freeview as I've heard good things about sony digital tuners, but I dont think I can as I've gave the analogue arial lead that runs from the roof to my daughter for her room.

The sets only for the room upstairs for the sky footy and playstation 2 etc... so I dont have much of an argument to put to the wife and daughter to get back the analogue arial or start another lane of cables around the house.

Not to worried about the flashing led as its only happend the once and the sets got more/bigger problems with s-video colour bleed and 60hz flicker for me to worry about.