1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD-32DX150U problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fallenangle, Oct 20, 2005.

1. fallenangle

fallenangle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I bought this Sony 32" CRT widescreen about a year ago specifically for video games use and have been disappointed with it's performance and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve matters.

1). Motion blur on many games, probably due to 100Hz processing - doubt there is much which can be done.

2). Picture presets are virtually useless with the RGB SCART connections I'm using for XBox and PS2. Far too dark/contrasty/much colour - bizarrely only contrast is changeable.

3). Even on the one (!) personal set up the default contrast is far too high but if you reduce it you loose shadow detail. Increase brightness to compensate and you introduce a strange posterization effect in all dark areas leaving trails everwhere.

The TV is great with bright sunny games like the Tekkens and GT3/4 but many others are marred or have almost unplayable areas due to these problems.

Any way to improve things?