Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony KD-32DX150 problems with Denon 3910

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by spl23, Feb 6, 2005.

1. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Hi All,

I'm just about at my wit's end here!

I bought a Sony KD-32DX150 a year or so ago, and recently bought a Denon 2910 DVD player. The 2910 produced a good picture, but both samples I tried were incredibly fussy about disc quality - the sound and picture broke up all the time on numerous discs that played perfectly on every other player.

Denon UK lent me a 3910 instead, which is much better at playing all discs - however...

When the 3910 is outputting NTSC via RGB to the DX150, the top third of the screen is shaded bright blue. It's a graduated effect - the very top is bright blue, and the blue tint gets fainter further down the screen until it vanishes about 1/3 of the way down.

Neither of the 2910s I tried had this problem. Both 3910s I've tried do have the problem, but they don't seem to do it with a friend's (non-100Hz) widescreen Sony.

So, Denon will blame Sony, Sony will blame Denon, and I'll be stuck in the middle. I've had a tentative poke around in the Sony's service menu, but haven't been able to improve matters.

Has anyone else out there seen this? Any advice? I guess most people with a 3910 are using the digital or component connections - people like me using plain old RGB are probably in a minority!

TIA for any help,

Simon

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    loads of threads on the forums about denon dvdp & sony wega compatability issues (i have the same problem).

just type in "denon sony rgb" and you should get about 1 million hits :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you're stuck with s-video (until you downgrade to plasma/lcd ;) , at which point you can use component and get annoyed about macroblocking issues instead!)

DT