1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD-28DX50 question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mattius, Feb 1, 2005.

1. mattius

mattius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony KD-28DX50 TV has done the following since new.

When TV is first turned on the screen is Black for about 4 secs. Then very briefly the screen shows some green banding before the picture comes up. This lasts about a second and then the picture is normal. What I need to know is do I have anything to worry about or is this fairly normal, & if so why does it do it. A friend said it was the initial energisation of the tube??????
    If anyone can advise I would be grateful as things like this stress me out. :confused:

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Hello Mattius and welcome to the Forum. :)

No, there's nothing to worry about. :clap:

All picture tubes need a little time to warm up and stabilise, that's why they're blanked out for a few seconds.

(When TG was a lad, the valves in the TV's of that era took about a minute to warm up and so the problem never arose.)

If your blanking period was just a second longer, you'd never have noticed the effect.

3. mattius

mattius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - Phew! :thumbsup:

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    mattius,

My KD28DX50 does the same. Incidentally, do you get any vertical coloured bars on the screen when using the integrated digital tuner - I get green bars, hence the name (TV soon to be fixed, I hope).