Sony kd-28dl11u + poor sound

K

kevsan

Hi all,

apologies if this is not the right forum.

I have been having trouble with my Sony TV (KD-28DL11U). I have powered external speakers that throw out a lot of extra sound... which is great. Except that they don't appear to work with the TV. I have connected them to the back of the TV and the speakers work - except they are not very loud, even if i turn them right up i can't hear them above the normal TV speakers - i have an option in the menu to turn the tv speakers off, and doing this makes a little difference to the volume coming out, but its not really mind blowing. If i connect up the DVD player or mp3 player etc, i can wake the dead!!

Is there some setting that i am missing, or is there nothing that can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Kevsan.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
kevsan said:
Hi all,

apologies if this is not the right forum.

I have been having trouble with my Sony TV (KD-28DL11U). I have powered external speakers that throw out a lot of extra sound... which is great. Except that they don't appear to work with the TV. I have connected them to the back of the TV and the speakers work - except they are not very loud,
Are these Sony branded accessory spkrs for your TV or a different brand?
How do they connect?...what type of connection...a plug or wire-ended?

K

kevsan

No its a Bose system,

the lead is Twin Phono out of the TV to 3.5mm Jack as an input in the speakers.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
kevsan said:
No its a Bose system,

the lead is Twin Phono out of the TV to 3.5mm Jack as an input in the speakers.
Does the Bose user manual state the specs of the input?

K

kevsan

nope, not that i can see..

Interestingly, i have just connected a lead from the headphone socket of the tv, and i nearly went deaf...

the trouble with that is; i don't really want a wire sticking out the front of the tv all the time - and it would be good to have both the tv and external speakers working together....

The lead (phono - 3.5) isn't the best, but when connected to the dvd player, the sound is pretty good.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom