1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ireland!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dub45, Mar 28, 2002.

1. dub45

dub45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am one of those 'valued' customers of Sony that bought the KV 32FQ75.

I only read of the inherent faults on the net after my purchase.

I contacted the technical dept of Sony Ireland over the phone and the guy there told me they were aware of the fault and that it had been a 'bad batch'.

He admitted that he himself had repaired 5 of the units. I asked
    him was he aware of the stuff on the net about the set and he said no so I sent him some documentation.

I wrote to the Chief Executive of Sony Ireland a fairly strong letter
    sent it with a whole lot of stuff off the net and registered it. I got a fairly immediate reply saying the gentleman would be back after the 18th March and that I would be replied to then.
    I rang his office yesterday only to be told that he was again away but the secretary would contact him immediately and get back to me. She never did.

When I contacted Sony yesterday evening I was told that my documents had been faxed to him in England and that someone would contact me first thing this morning. They never did.

I have just been on again and have been promised that he is due back this afternoon and that something will happen
    then. He obviously never saw my letter at all!!!!!

Does anyone want to buy anything from a Company like this?

2. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's Sony for you !!! It seems to be part of their corporate culture.

Hope they realise the damage done to their name.

fwan

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,518
    well their engineers aren't any better, i gave up on them...

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DUB45.....I'm really sorry you are having problems also.....I'm afraid most of us with FQ75's have had similar problems with Sony....Lies, Lies and more Lies.......As I've posted before I've only ever bought Sony (Digital Camera, Video Camera, Video, Hi-Fix2, DVD Player, Television x 3, Surround Sound System, Speakers, Portable CD Player, Laptop and loads of accessories). I've spent thousands with this company and been happy to pay the extra because I thought I was getting a superior product with exceptional customer service. Well I now know different and intend to never purchase anything from Sony ever again.
    The thread started on this forum by FWAN should serve as a potential warning to all Sony customers....whether you are buying an FQ75 or not.......as an individual Sony don't give a S**T about you, the products you buy from them or the faults they develop.....take my advice and stay well clear!!!!

Oh and by the way.....well done for keeping on the case....it's the only way we're gonna get this fixed.

5. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too was a big SONY fan. Not any more.

Unfortunately for us however, this hurts them about as much as a fly would hurt you.

Even the combined might of everyone on the FQ75 thread is a mere drop in the ocean for a company the size of SONY.

The number of complaints they have had wouldn't even register 1% of the total number sold.

So they can and will ignore the problem (in my opinion).

Laurel

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Laurel,

I'm afraid I think you are right. However, these things always start small and it doesn't take long for the word to get around....for example, none of my mates or close family would buy Sony....they all know of the hastle and Court case I had as a result of these problems. Hopefully they would tell people who might think twice and so on......this is how Tiny Computers got stuffed.....much smaller than Sony I know but crap customer service and a complacent attitude caught up with them in the end.

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

M & S took a beating for the past two years because they took customer loyalty for granted and assumed life long loyalty. Although they were excellent with customer service, they ignore customer demands for up to date fashions, charged what they want and refused to take credit cards etc....It didn't take long for them to loose their market share which really hurt their profit until they woke up recently.

Have a nice weekend, all. I'm going to spend more hours watching those annoying scrolling bars, with compliments of Sony !!!:mad:

fwan