Sony IP7 questions

A

AdamT

Dear all,

Sorry I am total newb,
The Sony IP7 has a USB port which can connect to the computer...the videos i tape on the mini dv format..can these be transfered down the usb onto my computers hard drive?
Any info would be greatly appreciated:)

all the best
adam

Hi

The USB allows you to download only from the Memory Card in the camera, allowing you to download stills and any small videos you've recorded direct or transfered onto the card.

To export your recorded video (MV Tape), you need to buy a Firewire card (Anywhere from £15-50), but unfortunately the software supplied with the camera isn't exactly the best, and I've yet to find any other compatable with the MV format.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Alastair

Well when there is something better (anything will be better!!) than movieshaker then I will buy it. At the moment I am converting on movieshaker then editing on videowave. A pain.
If you know a better way I would love to know it.

I was thinking about buying an IP7 but read that it can only be edited in movie shaker. Is this true?:eek:

Yes, it wouls appear that at the moment you can only edit it in Movieshaker.

I did not realise this when i bought it, but had no experience of any editing software anyway so it wouldn't have affected my decision.

You can download it via movieshaker, export it in a normal format, then i edit it in videowave.

A bit longwinded.

I suppose someone will make compatable software soon (hoping!!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom