1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony IP-7 or not ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by sirees01, Apr 27, 2003.

1. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am considering replacing my 7 year old Hitachi camcorder with a state of the art pocket size IP-7 from Sony.
    The reason I fancy the IP-7 is because it will fit in my pocket easily & the likelyhood is that I may use it more often than the one which needs arms like Popeye to carry around.
    However, I have read a few reviews old they may be 2001 ish complaining of a grainy picture.
    Can anyone offer some advice on the IP-7 or suggest a better alternative. Price range £1200 tops.
    Requirements : has to be small like the IP-7 & good picture & sound. (basic I know) :blush:

2. rumnblack

rumnblack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I considered the IP7 but went for the JVC GR-DVP9 instead. I am generally a Sony fan but chose the JVC because :

- It's almost as small as the IP7 (definately pocket size - a big requirement for me)
    - It uses normal MiniDV tapes (pack of 10 JVC for £35)
    - It does digital stills at 1600 x 1200 pixels and stores on normal SD cards that I can use in a Compaq iPAQ pda as a slide show viewer
    - It has analogue and DV In
    - I price matched at Jessops and got it for £735 instead of £999

Very pleased so far...