Sony Integrated Digital Help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ISAMA, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ISAMA

ISAMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a 32dx150 which when properly set i will post a full report,however I have a connection question.

I have a sky box that I watch everything through therefore do i ignore the digital input for my aerial at the back of the tv and simply run a scart and rf cable from sky box to tv with the aerial cable as now going into my sky box.

Or is there a way of using the tv digital tuner for watching sky thru a box.

Any help would be great.

thanks

2. twotonemark

twotonemark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell me if your set has a loud buzzing noise enough to disturb your viewing?

Also is there any distortion in the corners of the screen when daylight is shining on it?

Appreciate your answers on these as I've had to return two Toshs due to these probs and spotted more than one Sony with the screen problem in currys/comet etc.

Really like the look of your set but have yet to see it in the flesh.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark.

3. avney

avney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you should just connect the sky box using the scart sockets at the back and then you can have the best of both worlds.

I am told that the digital picture is far superior to the sky one, so let us know.

I bought the same TV a couple of months ago, I had to get the first one changed due to geometry problems. The new one that I have has a slight blue discolouration on the top left hand corner that lasts for roughly the first hour of operation, each time it is switched on from cold.

Other then that the picture is excellent.

Let me know what your one is like.

4. avney

avney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My one buzzes a bit, but I only notice it when I am next to it and it is in Standby.

Apparently this is a common problem with Sony Widescreens. Not sure about othe manufacturers

5. ISAMA

ISAMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies to date,at the moment the set does not buzz so thats a good sign.

However further to the reply regarding simply connect the sky box using scarts does that mean that the tv aeriel i should be putting into the digital point at the back of the tv? and not in the sky box.

sorry to be a pain but im after best possible quality.

6. avney

avney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that is correct.
    There is no need ariel to go through the sky box, that will onloy degrade the signal.

7. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    twotonemark

Do you mean distortion of the pic. If so that's a geometry issue and every set is different. If you mean slight distortion/indentations on the aperture grill every sony I've had had this in places. It never really affected picture though and you could only really see it in certain lights when the tv was off.

Just asked a question on it myself recently but no answer yet, see: http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?...ms/showthread.php?s=&postid=702105#post702105

There may be some responses shortly.

cosaw

8. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    For best picture remove the Sky box and use the DTTV tuner:smashin:

9. ISAMA

ISAMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the replies will try out connections tonight and then post.

However if my tv aerial goes into the digital point at the back of the tv and not the sky box am i right in thinking to get sky i only need to connect the sky box to the tv with scart and rf lead and use av 1.

In terms of the reply remove the sky box then by doing this how do i get sky?

Thanks fo help,this is really confusing.

10. avney

avney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you connect your sky box using scart only and nothing else.

the ariel should go either straight to your TV or through a video if you are using one.