1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Initialisation Problems with NW HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Irwelvis, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Irwelvis

Irwelvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having loaded SonicStage for Connect (Europe) 3.2.00.06071. for use with my NW HD3.
    I'm currently getting the message:
    "The Connected ATRAC Audio Devise must be initialized to be used with the currently installed SonicStage"
    and as a result can't transfer files. Anyone got any idea how to fix this without losing everything I've already loaded on the player?
    Or any useful comment other than "I didn't have this problem?"

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have everything backed up it would be easiest to just format it. But i think you can somehow authorise it, there are instructions on sony uks site. Some people got this problem, some didnt, its strange. But try everything you can, maybe install a different country version of ss, and try the authorising thing - not sure how it works. Other than that you'll have to re transfer the songs that are already on there.

3. Irwelvis

Irwelvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.
    I've put in a customer service question to the people at Connnect-Europe. They have forwarded my question along with my SonicStage Registry settings to: "our development team and are now waiting for response." So maybe Sony has the answer.
    I've already filled about 8GB of its 20GB capacity, so I'm loathe to re-initialise/re-format and have to start again - especially as I've got no guarantee that this will work - Maybe all that will happen is that I'll end up with an empty Network Walkman that I can't put songs onto, rather than a (nearly) half full one. I really like this gizmo and get a lot of use out of it - I'd hate to turn it into an expensive matt black paperweight.