1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony IDTV Software Update

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MartinImber, Aug 1, 2002.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I received a card yesterday from Sony

My TV is v2.05 - it suffers from BBCI Beep Beep

This fixed it

Now v2.10

2. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was only wondering the other day how the software on my KD32DX100 would get updated if Sony every decided to make some changes....

I presume you got this update because you bothered to send your warranty card back to Sony when you bought it? How was the update delivered?

I know mine is a different model to yours, but do you know if they tend to have the same software? ie. is it likely that there's a newer version of the s/w available for mine too?

Cheers, Vaughn

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Call them on the IDTV help line

Also later TVs (DX30 and newer) can get over the air updates.

Sony will help if you contact them.

4. timodell

timodell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Martin

Thanks for useful info for us DX20 owners. When I contacted the Sony helpline yesterday, they (rather vaguely) referred me to the coming on-air software upload that is supposedly due in August. Do you know if that will upgrade DX20s with v 2.05 to v 2.10? Or do we have to insist on being sent a physical upgrade card because we are running older hardware/software? Also, does the new version definitely not have the auto-wide bug that some earlier upgrade versions are said to have. Finally, is there any improvement in the EPG itself - eg. does Display no longer have the now/next bug which cuts off most of the text.?

Cheers

Tim

5. PeteM

PeteM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So you have to ask SONY for an update for the DX20?

When the engineer did my original update to accept a CAM module and make the digital text work, I was informed that any subsequent upgrades would be over the air??

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have been hassling Sony for the last 2 months over the beep beep.

I think somebody else should clarify with Sony what is happening as I have done my bit!

Then post it here!

Anyone in Worcester with a DX20 is welcome to borrow the update card.

7. PeteM

PeteM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My DX20 updated itself to 2.10 yesterday over the air!

It was sitting on News 24, when suddenly the digital tuner reset itself. At first I assumed that it was the dodgy Sony 2.05 software playing up, but when I checked in the EPG I noticed I was now running 2.10. No more annoying beep beep beep noises!

So if you are in the Crystal Palace area you may now be running 2.10 as well.

8. timodell

timodell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately my DX20 has still not "captured" the software upload, despite my doing everything possible to catch it. According to the (useless) Sony helpline, the upgrades for DX20s are not even due to start until 12 September so I should wait. I fear there is a more fundamental problem with my set or the signal level from Crystal Palace (I am at the edge of the reception area so need a signal booster to get a reliable signal). And they continue to refuse to send out an upgrade on a card even if the off-air signal fails. Anyone else still having problems with DS20s running v2.05?