1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony IDTV - Latest software?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by super7, Apr 3, 2002.

1. super7

super7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Had my Sony KD28DX40 IDTV for a coulple of weeks now, and am very happy with the picture quality and general use.

A couple of questions remain:

What is the latest software version? I currently have Software version r1.03, Loader v1.01 - are these the latest? If not, how often do the over the air updates happen? Do you have to subscribe to ITV to get these (I don't currently subscribe).

Also, does anyone else have an issue with BBCi. When I exit BBCi, it sometimes leaves behind the orange 'Press RIGHT for next story' text on the screen. To clear it, I have to change channels / go into EPG and back out. Strange.

I bought the Sony at John Lewis, and they had a promo with £50 off a Sony video if bought together. They were out of stock, but I have provisionally ordered a SLV-SE820, which is not yet in on the Sony website - anyone got any details? I presume it replaces the 810, so should be pretty good.

Cheers

Super7

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Contact IDTV hotline and ask

AFAIK it will be done via BBC MUX