Quantcast

Sony IDTV in lightning strike

peterjspencer

During a particularly interesting electrical storm in Manchester last night, which came a bit to close for comfort, I think my Sony KV28DX30U took a big step towards the TV graveyard. I still get a picture but every 3 or 4 seconds it flicks to the black screen of death for a second and then the picture comes back, even during video and DVD playback. Does anyone know if this might be a repairable item?
If it is kaputt then the insurance company will be coughing up for a new one, which does the same job. Does anybody have any suggestions about what would be a good "like for like" replacement, or even, what should be avoided.

My little episode reminded me of a "comedy" news item I heard on Radio 4 a few years ago, about a Mexican man who had been struck by lighting SIX times. The guy must have been running around with an aerial mast attached to him !

N

nig28

Hi

Most lightening strikes would leave the TV useleess, did you see lightening strike your aerial?
The insureance co. would want a official report from a tv engineer.

Nigel

K

KAKU

LIGHTNING DAMAGED TV SETS CAN BE REPAIRED. A RELIABLE ENGINEER CAN REBUILD A TV POWER SUPPLY. THE PROBLEM IS WHERE DO YOU FIND A RELIABLE ENGINEER NOWADAYS:lesson:

Top Bottom