Sony HXD970 Strange Timer Status Message

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by blueyes_oz, Feb 6, 2009.

1. blueyes_oz

blueyes_oz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the HXD970 which is a great machine. Normally when I enter a timer event, the timer status says "OK".
    Suddenly, with all my weekly or daily timer events, the status says "Until" with a date around mid February.
    Any ideas why this is happening and how to get the status back to "OK'?
    Single event timer status still says 'OK'.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Are you entering these timer events manually, or are you starting from an EPG event. If the latter which EPG are you using.

I would have suspected that the series recording function was implicated here.
    Check the status of that parameter [ last in the list ] in each affected timer... albeit this may not be relevant in your territory.

3. blueyes_oz

blueyes_oz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GavTech, thanks for your thoughts but that isn't it, I checked. There is no 'series' option on the Aussie version, and the 'replace program' option is off.
    The status used to say 'OK' but then one day it suddenly came up with 'Until Feb XX' for all my weekly and daily timer options.

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Could it have anything to do with the fact that it is a 30 day timer? Could the limitation dates arise from 30 days prior when you programmed them?

I would not have expected such a limitation for weekly/ daily timers... but that's why I asked if they were initially programmed via an EPG... in the sense that the way a timer is approached might be having an effect.

5. blueyes_oz

blueyes_oz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No this is not the issue because when I initiate a new weekly timer event the same status is displayed. As I mentioned earlier, it is now the same whether the event is entered manually or via the EPG, and it happened to all the events at once.

6. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Have you tried reprogramming one of the events to see what effect that produces?

Is the clock and date correct?

Have you tried a power reset? ...albeit If there is corruption in the actual timer events I think that would be preserved ...

I'm clutching at straws :) Can you tell?

7. blueyes_oz

blueyes_oz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried reprogramming, both manual and via EPG and the result is the same. The clock and date are correct. I haven't tried a power reset - that will be my last resort!
    I am not aware of anyway one can even do a weekly recording until a specific date, so this is a weird one!
    Cheers,

8. blueyes_oz

blueyes_oz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I might have solved this one - I had been recording the Australian Open Tennis Championships - 7 hours a day - and as the hard disk became more than half full it started to display the 'Until' message in the timer status, to warn me, I guess, that the HDD was filling up and I should delete some stuff.
    As I watched the tennis and deleted programmes, the 'until' message disappeard (until I recorded some new material) so this may not be an issue, it may be an 'undocumented feature'. Reasonable, if this is what is happening as I suspect.
    Thanks for your comments, GavTech, and I hope this post helps anyone else who is perplexed with these timer status messages.

9. hueys_uk

hueys_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think this means the timer entry will last "Until..." such and such a date, when it will expire. This is because there is nothing currently in the listings which it can see matches the timer criteria (e.g. "Top Gear") and so has nothing to set to record. This happens for example, when a series you have been recording ceases tranmission having screened all episodes.