Sony HXD870 TV Pause problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bathbasher, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Bathbasher

Bathbasher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony HXD870 is connected to a Panasonic 26LXD70 by Scart (to AV1 on the TV) and HDMI.
    If the Sony is switched on and I press TV Pause the right thing happens: the 870 retunes (if necessary) to the channel the TV is on and starts to record.
    If the 870 is off and I'm using the TV's tuner, when I press the TV Pause button on the 870 remote something quite different happens. The 870 starts up, switches the TV to HDMI input and starts sending the TV whatever TV channel its tuner happens to be tuned to. The 870 doesn't start recording.
    Anyone understand what is going on here?

Also, I'd be interested in knowing a code to put into the Panasonic remote so that the DVD buttons will work with the Sony.

Thanks for any help given!

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    its called read the manual ( rtfm )

you can specify which tuner the recorder is going to use when pause recording , and this can be the sony tuner , or the one the tv is on , so make sure you set that part correctly

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,047
    Welcome to the forum.

The Panasonic TV remote can only operate Panasonic Equipment. It will not accept codes to operate other manufacturers units.

It is commonplace to find DVDR remote controls that can be programmed to operate other manufacturers TV's but not usually the other way around.

4. Bathbasher

Bathbasher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ramjet - thanks for the quick response.
    I've set it to use the TV tuner. And everything works fine if the DVD recorder is on - when you hit TV Pause the 870 retunes to the TV tuner channel and starts recording.
    My query is - why is the behaviour so different when you press TV Pause when the 870 is off? I'd expect it either to ignore the command or do the same as normal.