Sony HXD870 - To upgrade HDD must I change model number

m_shafiq

Standard Member
Hi,

I've purchased a Sony HXD870 and want to change to a 500G HDD. I've read through the threads on this thoroughly but I'm still confused.

After I install the HDD, I press Esc and Prun on the service remote (Harmony One), Is this it or do I need to do more?

I have read about changing the model number, must this also be done?

Ta.

ramjet

Banned
Hi,

I've purchased a Sony HXD870 and want to change to a 500G HDD. I've read through the threads on this thoroughly but I'm still confused.

After I install the HDD, I press Esc and Prun on the service remote (Harmony One), Is this it or do I need to do more?

I have read about changing the model number, must this also be done?

Ta.

870 is as you said

the 890 or 990 or any x90 need the model number changing , but not the 870 , so read the 870 thread for details on the x70 range as its just exc and prun on those 4 models

Last edited:

rendolff

Standard Member
870 is as you said

the 890 or 990 or any x90 need the model number changing , but not the 870 , so read the 870 thread for details on the x70 range as its just exc and prun on those 4 models

Hallo,
I have Sony RDR-HXD970, I would like to change HDD 250GB for 1 TB WD Caviar SATA2
no need to do multiregional hack ?
my region code : 2
soft ver. 1.62

Thanks

Last edited:

ramjet

Banned
ideally you should update the firmware to v1.65 using the file and instruction on the sony website , and a cdrw disk

as for changing the hdd , its the same as usual , just use a service remote or harmony or similar and ESC and PRUN to partition and format the new drive

full details are in a massive thread about it on here

ramjet

Banned
download the pioneer service remote onto the harmony , then select it

ramjet

Banned
read the massive thread about it on here ( the upgrades thread ) , and note down the actual pioneer reference number required

then use the harmony software to access and d/l that particular remote onto your harmony

then select it and use ESC and PRUN to do the work detailed in that thread

out of interest , what was the exact pioneer remote reference number that you looked for ?

Last edited:

rendolff

Standard Member
my problem : i dont know how to get code from service remote control Sony J-600-203-A or Pioneer GGF1381 into Logitech Harmony. Harmony software ver. 7.5.0 not offered any service remote control in internet database.
I have ccf file from GGF1381, but i dont know get into Logitech Harmony515.

ramjet

Banned
you should be downloading the pioneer remote into the harmony from their site

the correct pioneer model number is :- quote

"If you have a Logitech Harmony 628 Remote , you can now download the Pioneer Service Remote Control at their web site:

You will find it in the global database.
(Manufacturer: Pioneer...Model: GGF1381 under the 'DVD Recorder' device type category).
"

I have no idea about your newer harmony but I have no problem using a 628 which is connected up using usb and then use the harmony software

Last edited:
you should be downloading the pioneer remote into the harmony from their site

"If you have a Logitech Harmony 628 Remote , you can now download the Pioneer Service Remote Control at their web site:

You will find it in the global database.
(Manufacturer: Pioneer...Model: GGF1381 under the 'DVD Recorder' device type category).
"

I have no idea about your newer harmony but I have no problem using a 628 which is connected up using usb and then use the harmony software

It should work on all Harmony remotes.

rendolff

Standard Member
Sorry, what is correct pioneer model number ???
your message not complete

rendolff

Standard Member
I am sorry Ramjet.
Thank you for your help :smashin: ....I successfully download GGF1381 into harmony.

Last edited:

rendolff

Standard Member
sorry...one more question

update software (ver. 1.62 for 1.65) needs to be done before or after the replace HDD ?

rendolff

Standard Member
I asked, because service manual written :
6-3-1 Firmware downloading.
In case of any event as described below, be sure to download the software using the version upgrade cd disc by following the software dovnload method shown below:
1. when engine is replaced...
2. when HDD replaced
3. when the message NG ...

ramjet

Banned
I have always done the firmware first , and any hdd changes last , but I dont think it matters which order its done in as its 2 completely separate tasks

Kelly Harris

Standard Member
Not that I think I could upgrade my 890, sounds like I'd balls it up if I tried. But........ would it lose the region free hack if I started partioning etc..?

ramjet

Banned
Not that I think I could upgrade my 890, sounds like I'd balls it up if I tried. But........ would it lose the region free hack if I started partioning etc..?

no it doesnt affect the region hack at all , 2 totally different operations

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution