Sony HXD870 - Remote control codes for other TV types?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lorsony, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lorsony

lorsony
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I would like to be able to have the HXD870 remote control be able to control my TV as well as the recorder itself but the user manual just gives a list of some TV manufacturers.

I can't find a thread on this so is there somewhere which gives a more comprehensive list of TV codes for this Remote? My TV is Saivod (so obviously not one of your typical ones) and I would very much like to be able to control it with a single remote.

Any help given will be very much appreciated.

2. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I've just opened the pdf manual and taken screenshots of the 2 pages that discuss controlling the TV with the recorder's remote, hope it helps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lorsony

lorsony
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response Muksc but I guess my original request was not so clear.

What I meant was that the list of code numbers controllable TVs in the User Manual is very limited i.e. Sony => Toshiba, while my TV is a Saivod.

I just wanted to know whether there is a more comprehensive list of code numbers for this remote somewhere on the web (or in this forum).

Having looked through the web, I find that there are various code numbers assigned to different types of TVs. Are these code numbers the same for all remotes e.g. if I find a few Saivod codes, then it's possible that if I follow the steps below then maybe it might work??

4. shredder87

shredder87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My TV is a Pioneer, and I can;t find a code for that either ?

5. Diyisfun

Diyisfun
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV is an LG (42LG5000) cant find the code for that either.

6. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    And conversely - I've got an LG DVD recorder whose remote can control certain manufacturer's TVs (Sony, Hitachi, Sharp etc) but doesn't list a code for my TV (Toshiba). So if anybody knows the code for working a Toshiba TV using an LG remote, can they also post that here please? But I will try 38, seeing as 38 is listed above for working a Toshiba telly from a Sony remote.