• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony-HXD870 DVD Recorder: Unable to record from Freesat

pdd808

Standard Member
I would be very grateful for any help (in very simple terminology please) for the following set up.

Samsung Series 5 LCD TV
Sony DVD/Recorder HXD 870
Humax Foxsat HD

I am unable to record Freesat programmes although I can play dvd's. I think I have set the tv/dvd incorrectly. Can anyone give me some assistance:lease:

Gavtech

Administrator
Connect a fully wired scart from Foxsat TV out scart to Line 1 of DVD recorder.

In the DVDR setup menu check that line video input is set to RGB. [ Video input / output settings]

To record from Foxsat, select Line 1 as the input using the input select button on the DVDR remote [ 3rd button down on right]

Play the Foxsat material, press record on the DVDR. Monitor via TV.

llama

Established Member
Connect a fully wired scart from Foxsat TV out scart to Line 1 of DVD recorder.

In the DVDR setup menu check that line video input is set to RGB. [ Video input / output settings]

To record from Foxsat, select Line 1 as the input using the input select button on the DVDR remote [ 3rd button down on right]

Play the Foxsat material, press record on the DVDR. Monitor via TV.

what he said!!!

its the usual method for recording from anything (sky box etc etc)

pdd808

Standard Member
Thanks for that, it was really helpful. I can now record programmes.

What I would now like to do is to record using the timer (handset) by recording one channel and watch another channel at the same time. (say: record a BBC 1 programme and watch ITV1).

Can you help:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom