Sony HXD Series Digital EPG Guide Question - navigation between days

MartinSpoon

Standard Member
First off, thank you to all who helped solve the EPG Link problem; I've spent most of the evening reading through that huge thread, and I'm glad to know it can be fixed (though, might I suggest, a link to Spoon's fix thread be added to the FAQ?) - I'll enjoy being able to fix it tomorrow!

Anyway, I have a quick (and probably noobish) question about the digital epg guide on the Sony HXD series: is there an easy way of navigating from day to day? For example, should I want to record something a few days in advance, can I scroll to it without having to go through every hour of every day before it? I had presumed the buttons marked 'day >' would do this for me, but they don't. All I can do is hold down the right arrow key until I eventually scroll through each day and find the programme I am after.

Is using 'jump' the only way to achieve this?? :(

Gavtech

Administrator
One way:

Press the green button whilst the list is displayed.

Select a date in the date row.

Select a time in the time row.

Select Jump and press enter.

ramjet

Banned
One way:

Press the green button whilst the list is displayed.

Select a date in the date row.

Select a time in the time row.

Select Jump and press enter.
which is exactly how I do it on my sony 970b

good explanation m8

k-spin

Hi Martin,

Not sure which HXD you have but on my HXD860 you can move forward or back a day at a time in the EPG using the track skip button (it has "Day+" written above it on the remote).

I think the newer x70 ranges have a different EPG though.

Cheers,
K

MartinSpoon

Standard Member
Hi Martin,

Not sure which HXD you have but on my HXD860 you can move forward or back a day at a time in the EPG using the track skip button (it has "Day+" written above it on the remote).

Cheers,
K
Sorry, I should have been more clear - it's the 870 I have.

We presumably have very similar remote controls, but at the very least I have a similar button. It just doesn't do anything :(

I might have another look at the manual to make sure I didn't miss anything..

bradavon78

which is exactly how I do it on my sony 970b

good explanation m8
It's also exactly how you do it on the Pioneer 540 too, with the Digital EPG not Guide+. I think the EPG may look ever so slightly different but it's otherwise the same.

Oh well, an irritating oversight by Sony!
It's not an oversight it's an entirely different beast ;)

The 870 can do many things the 860 cannot.

ramjet

Banned
Hi Martin,

Cheers,
K

this seems to be present on the 970b if you are using guideplus but not if you are using digital epg which uses the jump feature instead

so its there if you use the correct settings and I assume its in the 870 as well , probably all 4 of this range

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom