Sony HXD 970 Guide Plus - Channel issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by banchang, Feb 7, 2009.

1. banchang

banchang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have done a search back to 2007 & can't see a full answer to this question.

I am delighted with this machine. A fantastic piece of kit which I would recommend to anyone. Been using it for 8 months now without issue. Thanks to Gavtech for recommending last year

Two issues with Guideplus however.

1. I notice that some channels are missing (SS Xtra)

2. Others have wrong channels numbers ie when I select Discovery, Sky Movies comes up etc.

Anything I am doing wrong here, can I right this ?

2. chipray

chipray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't have a 970, only an 825 which is a couple of years older, but the Guideplus+ system should be the same. You need to read the manual for precise details concerning your model. When in the Guideplus+ screen, you use the arrow keys on the remote (up, then right a few times) to access the "editor" function from the menu bar. Once in this screen, you can choose which channels appear in the main (grid) screen using the red button, and edit the channel numbers as required using the green button and number keys. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the channel you want to edit.

Unfortunately, the available channels are limited to those that Guideplus+ seem to think are the most popular, so if you want to record one that is missing you have to do it manually.

3. banchang

banchang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I check that this is still the case ?

Seems strange that Guide+ don't have Sky Sports Extra as one of the channels carried (for one example, there are others) ?