Sony HXD 1095 dvd not writing.

mickiete

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my Sony HXD 1095 DVD not writing.

I have had this model for some years now, and never had a problems until the last two weeks.
I decided to have a clear out of the HDD and transfer what I wanted to keep to DVD, done before many times with now trouble.

This time the recorder will not read any DVD inserted, and also found out it will not play some DVDs.

Is there a way I can connect an external HDD or PC to the recorder to transfer off the internal HDD.

There is no facility or workaround to connect an external HDD.... or any method of digitally transferring the material in any usable form.

You could connect to a PC, but the PC would require to be equipped with a capture device to digitise and encode the analogue video output coming from the machine.
It would have to be done in real-time.

Thanks for that, it's what I was expecting as an answer.
Well been looking for a replacement, and think I found one that I should be happy with, and the reviews read good.

It's a PANASONIC DMR-BWT740EB Smart 3D Blu-ray Recorder with Freeview+ HD Recorder - 1 TB HDD

Do you know of any problems with this model ?

No indeed - It is a well liked model...and has lots of additional facilities on top of what you will have been used to : Twin HD tuners, Networking capabilities etc.

After reading more I have took the plunge and reserved one online, but no stores close to me so a 45 mile round trip this afternoon.

Good luck with the machine.

Yeh, great machine. My only gripe is that they ditched the Gracenote s/w ( which recognised CD track info. ) on these new models. Otherwise - perfect.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom