1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HX900 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DrChris, Jan 23, 2005.

1. DrChris

DrChris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Sony HX900 and I am 100% satisfied with the recorder regarding picture and sound quality. However I did expect to be able to view the recordings throughout the house via the UHF connection but I don't appear to be able to tune the recorder in on any television. The scart connections to the main TV are perfect. Is this normal, is the UHF just fed straight through or should I be able to tune into the recorder via its ariel signal?

Thanks Chris

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The only DVD recorder with a UHF output are the machines in the Panasonic range. You could always buy a UHF modulator though or some other distribution setup - what are you trying to achieve? (e.g. transmission to 1 bedroom TV or more?).

3. PRINCEGRINCH

PRINCEGRINCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi, I also have the same problem. I have a Sony RDR-GX3 and I want to output the Picture via the UHF/RF-OUT through a normal TV Arial wire around the house to the bedrooms (with the aid of a booster). However, I also can't get any TV to tune the Channel in. Is a video sender the only solution?

Thanks

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    There are a variety of solutions based on what quality and signal type you want (plus how much your willing to spend). I suggest speaking to the people at Lektropacks or Keene to determine what solution will suit you best.

5. DrChris

DrChris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All
    Thanks guy's, I will now look at alternative solutions. I wanted to make sure that there was not a problem with the recorder.

Thanks again.

6. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    What channel is the Sony transmitting on?
    I had this problem in reverse, in that a new Panasonic portable couldn't tune into my Sky signal. In the end I worked out that my Sky box transmits on channel 69 and the Panasonic's receiver only goes up to 68!
    So the Sony may be transmitting on a frequency that is not being received by the other sets in your house. Just a thought.

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The Sony doesn't have a UHF modulator so it's not transmitting on anything! Most companies just don't see the need for it these days.

8. PRINCEGRINCH

PRINCEGRINCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the relies guys. But whats the point of having TV-Aerial out if it is of no use and doesn't work? Unless there is a secret engineers menu which allows you to change certain settings so that it will work.

9. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    It is of use - the RF input is used by the internal tuner (not to mention it sets the clock!). The RF output is to allow you to also provide a signal (of the content that came down the aerial originally!) to your TV (etc) without the need for a splitter. But that is all totally different from having a UHF modulator inside!

There is no Top Secret menu, there is no hidden panel, and there is certainly no UHF modulator!