Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony HX900 - Any drive backup solutions?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mrrd, Sep 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mrrd

mrrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my HX900 for several months now and have noticed that the fan and hard drive are constantly on. I guess the drive needs to be on for instant startup when programmed for recording. My concern is I know that hard drives running 24/7 will eventually fail. I also have a Replay which is exactly what happened since the fan and drive are also on 24/7. I have been able to backup and restore the image of my Replay to a new drive when the original died. Does anyone know the operating system and have a program to backup the necessary files of the drive so that a replacement drive can be created in case the original fails? The second drive in the Replay is starting to make clicking noises so I anticipate the need to replace this drive soon. Any suggestions or solutuions would be appreciated.