Sony HX510 S Disc Recording Problem Help!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IrishGraham, Jul 29, 2005.

1. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a 510S yesterday and the Hard Drive and Machine in general works a charm however when I put in +R discs the machine says 'disc is unrecordable'. I have used Sony, Philips and TDK discs. I had a Goodmans machine previously and when I bought the discs formatted them in the Goodmans as it asked to do it everytime I put a new disc in so I thought Id do them all in one go in case I needed to record something quickly. I also have tried it with +RW Philips discs 1 worked and the rest said not enough space to record, I had formatted these in the Goodmans too.

Do I have a dud machine or is it simply that I formatted the discs in the Goodmans and now cant use them in another recorder. I havent tried any 'brand new' discs yet.

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Almost certainly the Goodmans formats in a way the Sony can't handle. I think fresh discs will solve your problem - if not the machine must be faulty.

My 510 has accepted all the discs I've tried so far but they were all "virgin".

Course - no need for pre-formatted discs for quick recording now you have the hard disc to use. :thumbsup:

3. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, I was just getting a bit dispondent last night after taping a program onto the HDD and then went to dub it onto a disc to test it and none of them worked even though I knew they were blank or even record normally from TV. Sony in Ireland only sell the 210 and the 510 and having read the reviews on the RGB problem with the 210 forked over an extra 200 Euro for the 510 after 10 days waiting for it to be ordered in, I would have gone mental if the machine was knackered out of the box.

Everything else works like a peach though and the playback from the HDD is top notch.

Do you know if there is a way to watch what you are dubbing as its being done when not doing it hi-speed?

4. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I've never tried - but I don't think so.