1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HX-1000 Dubbing Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Krudler, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Krudler

Krudler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apologies if this has :( been raised before.

My HX-1000 has just developed a problem when dubbing from the HDD to a DVD. It shows the error message C13:00 (disk is dirty) and then powers off and restarts etc...

I have tried two different manufacturers of the DVD-R disks and it happens on both. I'll try DVD+R and maybe a DVD+RW tomorrow but if anyone else has seen this problem I would love to know if it needs to be repaired.

2. Chris at Home

Chris at Home

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might not be the disc. It could be the laser reading head. I bought the HX 900 in February and, as yet, I have never cleaned the "eye" nor any of the discs.

But then, I'm a good boy who always washes his hands after I have been doing anything messy! ;)

3. Krudler

Krudler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I did try a DVD+R the following day and had no problems at all. It's funny that I have just bought two different batches (and makes of DVD-R, Imation and Philips) and have the same problem with both.

Not sure how to clean the "eye" but I'll try and figure it out. Also might buy some of the original DVD-R's (Verbatim) and see if that cures the problem.

Thanks anyway

4. peejay2

peejay2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a similar problem on a Philips DVR 75. The image is sometimes jumping or freezing, and the same discs are working perfectly on another reader. It is in a living room by a fireplace, so I guess it is very easy that smoke dust has gone onto the lens.

Neither do I know if there is a method to clean the lens, other than going to the Philips service.

Peejay

5. Krudler

Krudler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I bought some new Verbatim DVD-R disks and the dubbing problems have gone away.

It seems therefore that the Sony RDR-HX1000 does not record or dub correctly with either Philips or Imation DVD-R disks.

Krudler