SONY HTSS1100 or HTSF1100?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Paulmnj, May 2, 2007.

1. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    You have 4 HDMI total.. 2 TV.. 2 Amp.. I suppose that you aren't using all of them. Plug one direct to the tv.

2. Loganite

Loganite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been in touch with Empire Direct who i ordered my HTSS 1100 through nearly 4 weeks ago. It took me to tell them it had been discontinued and Sony won't be sending anymore out even though they were in touch with Sony everyday.

Eventually yesterday they removed it from their site and phoned me, they say Sony are going to supply them with the new model the HTSS1300 and if they can't get me a HTSS1100 before it's released then they will give me the new model for the same price as i've paid for the old model....not bad eh...thats £204 for the HTSS1300 with a free 3yr guarantee.

3. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    WOW! :eek:

That would be a good deal, goodluck with that!

4. teapot1971

teapot1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Originally Posted by Loganite [​IMG]
    I've been in touch with Empire Direct who i ordered my HTSS 1100 through nearly 4 weeks ago. It took me to tell them it had been discontinued and Sony won't be sending anymore out even though they were in touch with Sony everyday.

Eventually yesterday they removed it from their site and phoned me, they say Sony are going to supply them with the new model the HTSS1300 and if they can't get me a HTSS1100 before it's released then they will give me the new model for the same price as i've paid for the old model....not bad eh...thats £204 for the HTSS1300 with a free 3yr guarantee.

thats the same as me but ive now had a phone call telling me that its discontinued and if i want the htss1300 it will cost me an extra £46 total cost £250 please let me know if its the same for you ???????

5. Loganite

Loganite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    no thats not what i was offered, although this phone call took place nearly 2 weeks ago but they haven't been back in touch. Still i'd pay the extra because sony's price is apparently £349!

6. teapot1971

teapot1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thats the same as me but ive now had a phone call telling me that its discontinued and if i want the htss1300 it will cost me an extra £46 total cost £250 please let me know if its the same for you ?????? THINGS HAVE NOW CHANGED SINCE MY LAST POST THEY NOW SAY IVE GOT TO PAY FULL PRICE 300+ ITS DUE TO SONY THEY DONT WANT TO DOWNGRADE THERE NEW PRODUCT ?????/

7. Loganite

Loganite
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah i've been offered it for £315 thats after a £30 discount, i wanted them to price match cheap electricals but they said Sony won't allow them to sell it at that price. The guy at ED said it will be 1-2 weeks before he can get one for me so i can wait until then and if the price has changed (he is notifying Sony of the other prices on the net) then i will pay that price if i want it.

8. Mr Nutt

Mr Nutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'sHi there I have one of these and use a PS3 to play my BD's. Does this play Dolby True HD? I'm currently running my ps3 to it via optical and can play DTS MA no problem but whenever I select True HD it seems to only play DD at 640kbs, and does not say 'True HD' on the info bit when playing a BD.

Any settings that I have to change or is it not possible?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

9. cols

cols

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    It can't decode dolby true hd or dts hd ma.

When you select dts hd ma what you're getting is dts core, not quite dts hd ma but still a higher bitrate than standard dts.

When you select dolby true hd i expect you're getting standard dolby digital.

The only way to get dts hd ma and dolby true hd from ps3 is via LPCM over hdmi, which the 1100 doesn't do.

Hope that helps :smashin:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. kp278

kp278

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    do you select 'dts hd ma' in the ps3 menu? i havent seen it in there.

11. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    you cant...select LPCM in the hdmi audio section,as the ps3 decodes it,before sending it via hdmi.

12. cols

cols

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Yeah, when i referred to selecting the audio I meant selecting it from the blu ray menu, not ps3.
    For this system though, as it doesn't do hdmi audio, you'll want optical and select bd/dvd audio out (optical digital) as "bitstream". :smashin: